Thread: Trouble with my eMachine

Default Trouble with my eMachine

I have an eMachines desktop T2958 with windows xp. This computer was meant to be used by everyone in the family. So now it is a lot slower then it used to be. I wanted to reinstall windows on it to get everything back to the way it was but I always delayed it. Now I caught a virus, or something? Tried removing it but it keeps coming back and keeps trying to send out some info that my anti virus keeps blocking. So now I defiantly need to reinstall windows.

Now here is the problem; it will not read my eMachines recovery disk. First I thought my cd drive had died on me so I opened up the desktop and used my compressor to get all the dust out. I tried another cd and it worked. For some reason it will not read the disk, I even cleaned it. I tried booting from it with no luck. I changed bios so it would boot from cd. No luck. Tried pressing f11, nothing happens.

Any ideas??

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Trouble with my eMachine

i would run the following:

ccleaner
    malwarebytes
    super anti spyware
    then install your antivirus software of choice and run it.

that should clean things up and speed you pc up as well.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

is the whole system slow or just the internet browser?

if the whole system is close then a msconfig edit ought to speed things up

(in XP goto start/run.../ type msconfig / goto start up tab/ edit as necessary)

if its the browser, then manage/disable add-ons in the tool menu in IE

I would rather reinstall windows. I got Norton anti-virus and malwarebytes, both cannot successfully remove the virus!! I order a new restoration disk but it won't read it either, and it does read on my laptop. Does anyone have a clue on how to get my computer to read the damn disk?