View Poll Results: Would you preorder the new premix?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my comment is below

3 37.50%
  • No, but it's a great idea

4 50.00%
  • No, and I have no opinion (or don't liquid cool my PC)

1 12.50%
  • Not interested

0 0%

Thread: Liquid Cooling Premix Interest Thread

Default Liquid Cooling Premix Interest Thread

All right, this is both what you think it is and it's not.

In working on my pearlescent fluid, I hit on a GREAT liquid cooling premix formula. I mean like I'm using it myself great, and all reports (from my other testers) are that it's really not reacting any different from the premixes they had before. It's clear, safe, edible, and 100% American made (because I know that matters to some of us.)

Currently, if the interest was there, I could be bottling stuff in under a week. It's formula is easy to reproduce, meaning if I get sick I can set others to making it. No dye interactions, no metal incompatibilities, biocide included. There's only one catch, and that's that I would have to create a preorder to get it off the ground.

Before I do that, I'm posting a poll. In this poll, vote if you'd be interested. If you're interested, leave a post telling what you think a fair MSRP is for a clear premix. I have no idea what the group here thinks is fair, and I'm tired of "I'll just price it like everyone else" because sometimes that's just highway robbery.I know that going too far below $10 a 32oz. bottle will kill me quick, but past that, it's up to the community to decide.

The pearlescent fluid has a number of kinks, one of which is the fact that Mick has a worldwide patent and is in production. Plus, I have other things I have hidden in my lab here that are more impressive than what I've shown. I would rather develop a reputation for being good at what I do than a reputation for simply being a copycat. This is my own formula, produced here in the US. I can work with it for the time being, and when I get enough testing/etc under my belt for my next products, I'll announce something new.

So I've not given up, I've narrowed my focus with a product that's ready for primetime NOW, instead of stringing people along with "whenever it's ready." Fuganater, you're still getting your fluid, I'm testing an adverse reaction I got in one of my tests that would have really ruined your day. One I didn't forsee coming.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Liquid Cooling Premix Interest Thread

I'm definitely interested in this.

However, I'm nervous about cooling my brand-new hardware, and the 2nd-oldest hardware in the house is 10+ years old, and wouldn't benefit from LCing.

But definitely keep up the work; you'll never know when you'll strike diamond.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Brother, if you make a few different colors I'll buy some. You know I want Orange. I'd probably buy a few Green, Red, Blue, Pink and White if you have them. I'm more than willing to help you get things off the ground. Consider my order min $50.

I'm in for some white. You have no idea how excited i am to hear you're feeling better, and that this is coming back. i was thinking i would have to run clear in my loop because anything else would disappoint after all the stuff i've seen with your fluid.
    Not dead yet

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

I'm Air cooled actually.

My PCI-e Slot is looser then a street hooker from all the video cards going in and out of constantly so LC isn't exactly my best option.

But damn, that stuff looks beautiful, and all my buddies say the same thing and i'd think a few of them would actually purchase it if you came around with a released product.

Best o luck with your endevours!

Fresh Paint

I won't preorder it now, because my water cooling system is running well. If you are going to sell it next time I upgrade my system, I will buy some.

^ I can vouch for him. lol. he lives a mile from my house (and if i get it first he will probably get jealous. lol)
    Not dead yet

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

It's times like these I wish I did watercool my gear. I would definitely buy some but WC is way out of my knowledge and price range. Hope you get the interest you need to continue.
    TheMainMan

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I'm on the fence. I don't need it at the moment but I'm not sure if I will or not in the future. What's the in-system life for your stuff? I noticed Mayhems stuff says only 6 months!! It says it's intended for show and pictures only, not as a permanent setup.

Well, this stuff isn't the pearlescent fluid, folks. It's a water-clear premix that's aimed at corrosion protection, long life (1 year+,) biocidal properties and doing all that and being 100% safe if you spill it.

I'm working on dyes, but TBH they're not as easy as people think-I've got a few that don't stain/clog or separate, but they're unicorn piss as far as availability.

Sorry I didn't make that clearer, I was trying to let everyone know the pearl has more than a problem or two. As to the six month life span, that looks about right as far as my testing goes.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08