Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Game Desk

Default Re: The Game Desk

The X Rocker Pro chair looks so low to the ground. If the desk is low then it might work, otherwise I would look for something else.

There are these really cool task chairs where the chair comes off the base and becomes a rocker. It's called the Trey task chair, but I can't find where to buy them. Maybe someone can find something really similar?

Also, if you have an HD 6950 already then just stick with it. Is it a 2Gb model? That would be better than the 1Gb version, but if you don't want all the candy then it's not a big deal. I game on a single 2Gb 6950 and it runs great. AA has to be turned down or off for a lot of newer stuff, but it's made up in pixel count for sure.

But... it's a keyboard :s Oh right I get you, like key mapping you mean? Hmm never really thought about that I guess, but wireless looks so much better Thatnks for the headsup though will remember it in the future. T

Hi Stilgar, I never saw your post before I made my last reply in this thread! The rocker DOES look very low and that's my main concern with it... I see reviews of the Trey chair but likewise nowhere to buy! I'd really like something with inbuilt audio like the rocker too you know? I'm considering the possibility of giving it a larger, taller base from an office chair for the extra height I'd need at the moment. Hell I built my own desk, why not my own chair?!

The 6950 is what I's LIKE to have but not what I already have. What I meant was, this is what people seem to recommend for running three screens right now. My two peripoheral monitors are only 1024 odd pixels so no drain at all there and my main display is only about 1600 so still nothing crazy. No questioning this card could do the job, would just need a few adaptors as all 3 monitors are VGA and they don't make cards like they used to eh :p So considering the fact I'll be buying a replacement card (currently 4870 or something from that gen) can you think of anything better than the 6950? Like the 4GB 6990 but it's a bit rich for me XD