Thread: Acer G235H 23" LCD Issue ("ghost trails")

Fresh Paint

Default Acer G235H 23" LCD Issue ("ghost trails")

As the titles states, I just got another Acer G235H 23" LCD monitor. I am running two of these currently. I have had one for quite some time (about 6 months or so) and had no issues what-so-ever with the older one.

The new one (I just got it today) seems to have some sort of "ghost trails" to the right of images. I'm not exactly sure what to call it, really. If you were to turn on the mouse pointer trails, it looks similar to that. It appears on the cursor as well as any hard edges (not including text for whatever reason) of images. It is more noticeable with a lighter image over a darker background. I set my desktop background to black and the "trails" on the cursor are very noticeable; almost 4 separate "ghosts" can be seen.

I have tweaked everything I could find under the monitors settings (the physical buttons on the monitor) in addition to calibrating the monitor through Windows and I am at a loss.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure if this makes any difference at all, but here are my relevant specs:

Asus Sabertooth x58
    MSI GTX 460 1GB x2 in SLI
    Acer G235H x2
    Windows 7 64bit

Thanks

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Default Re: Acer G235H 23" LCD Issue ("ghost trails")

Have you tried a different DVI cable (I'm assuming you're not using VGA)? In my experience, ghosting is often due to the cable, although it *could* be the screen itself. To rule out the cable, I'd suggest swapping cables with the other screen. You can also try swapping the plugs that each screen is running off of from the video card. If the new one still ghosts using the same settings, cable, and plug as the old one, then the problem is definitely the new screen. I doubt there's anything you could do about it short of exchanging it for a new one, but I'm not an expert by any means. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Default Re: Acer G235H 23" LCD Issue ("ghost trails")

Are you running both monitors spanning as a single screen? You might try turning off SLI and running each monitor separately each on their own card.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin