Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom Laser Cutting Services Offered

Default Custom Laser Cutting Services Offered

Info on the L3030 Machine

With Pauls consent I'm extending my services over here from gruntville.com. For updated info and more pictures please check out the main thread over at our forums. http://www.gruntville.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17151

In order to cut your parts you'll have to submit them to me correctly scaled and in .dxf format. I believe Sketchup and a few other free programs out there will allow you to save your drawings to dxf. If you feel better having someone else do the design, Gruntvilles very own Butress on our forums does excellent work and has drawn up most of the things I've cut so far.

materials:
    Thickness - Material - chances of getting cut on this material
    .25"(~6mm) Mild Steel - 100%
    .035-.047" (.8mm) Stainless Steel - 100%
    .5" (~13mm) Mild Steel - 100%
    your provided or requested material - 50%
    your case, panel or non flat material - 0%

IMPORTANT POINTS:
    1. This machine can cut and etch metal and metal only! no "dude cut my new plexi window", unless you have three quarters of a million laying around to buy us a new machine.
    2. ...

PRICING:
    Stainless Steel: For custom jobs of less than 25pcs the pricing is the same as the gruntville fangrills available on our front page. More than 25pcs the price is negotiable.
    Other Materials: Quoted per job

Those who have already purchased grills/ect from me please feel free to leave feedback on quality/service/pricing fairness.

Samples of previous orders

Sample of 1" Stainless Steel Pipe (1 continuouse cut, this was not assembled)

Default Re: Custom Laser Cutting Services Offered

I have to admit, that's some impressive pricing. Most companies in the UK laugh when you say you want something so trivial cut. It's actually cheaper to get it cut by you guys and shipped over here, despite the weight of metal.

At least i assume; didn't see overseas shipping in your prices.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Yeah, that is some great pricing for completely custom grills. I almost wish my case wasn't pretty much completely fanless...
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Overseas shipping is no problem. If you want I can ship it then you can paypal the exact shipping cost afterwards. shouldn't be too much as the average small order of 5 fangrills is only 1 pound (thats lbs not £'s) or so. Plus I was raised in bonnie ol Edinburgh so I cannie leave oot ma pals.

Pricing is able to be kept low for several reasons. 1. I'm a modder myself and was horrified at quotes from other companies. 2. The machine has a full time job already that pays the bills, pc stuff is just sidework. 3. We order material in bulk for other projects and slipping a few hundred bucks in for an extra sheet is cost effective.

Dont feel confined to fangrills though. I can cut anything flat and a few things that aren't. picture frames, clocks, artwork, car parts, ect. I can even cut designs a full 360 degrees around tubing.

Car parts, huh? have you tried mentioning your services on the various car forums? They often have people asking about model-specific badges for a certain year or some such.

How do we place orders though? I've been looking for over a year now for someone to cut me some 80mm grills for one of my rigs, I need 'em with a Pegasus in 'em. I can get the graphic but if you need it in a 3D format I dunno if I have it that way, I'd have to spend some time to make it. But if you had any Pegasus designs on hand, well, beggers can't be choosers. Do I order through Gruntville?

-Mike

Haven't really spread the word around much. I dont want to get swamped with work and most forums frown upon offering services anyway. Only reason I posted here is cuz I'm buds with Paul.

well there may be someone on these forums thats pretty handy with autocad that could make the design for you. If not then you can pm Butress over at gruntville. He's been converting everyones drawings to cad and they've turned out awsome.

Ordering is as simple as pm'ing me with a design in dxf format and giving me a quantity. I usually give some pointers on any problem areas just to make sure you set on the designs and once paypal is recieved the designs will be cut within a week and shipped on out.

Anything, huh? I might be in touch mid-summer, i have some...interestingly shaped vents that will require laser cut. Had written it off as too costly, but you just changed my mind.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Ok, I sent the link to my father, as this would be for a machine I've been building for him. We've been searching for over a year for someone who has or could make these damned fan grills for the Titan rig and you just happened to pop out of the woodwork at a great time! I'm familiar with Gruntville but wasn't ever a regular user on its forums before. Anyway, I should probably be over his house this weekend and we'll get in touch with you about ordering them then. But another question which hopefully you can answer before then. If I can create the image in another 3D format, could you convert it? I'm good with TrueSpace but I don't think it exports to DXF (or if so, doesn't do it very well). Could you for instance, use a truespace CAB format object? Also, does the object need to be extruded or just a flat object? Do you need the object with the screw holes, as in the whole thing or just a 3D image of what we'd want inside the 80mm fan grill?

I think that's all my questions. I for one am glad you posted this here and invite you to please feel free to post the same on my site, http://www.infinity-customs.com

I don't have the kind of traffic TBCS gets but it can't hurt right?

This dxf thing has me confused too. Since the designs are cut from sheets, can't they just to be two dmensional.