Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Machined iPhone case

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: CNC Machined iPhone case

now that is something new and cool i didn't know until just now.

but back on subject, while i think metal cell phone cases are neat, i do wonder how much attenuation you are going to have of the signal trying to get through a material that is usually used to shield rf energy. so, yeah, those are cool, but do they render your cell phone inoperable once installed?

perhaps, just a metal carry case for a phone would be a better idea.

Thanks for the input.
    We've decided to not make a case.

Will post an update when we've got a product
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

License plate frame? pc parts? popular keyboard bezels? popular vehicle dash parts? Tons of stuff can be profitable if you're good at milling.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    now that is something new and cool i didn't know until just now.

but back on subject, while i think metal cell phone cases are neat, i do wonder how much attenuation you are going to have of the signal trying to get through a material that is usually used to shield rf energy. so, yeah, those are cool, but do they render your cell phone inoperable once installed?

perhaps, just a metal carry case for a phone would be a better idea.
    Should pass right through if it doesn't have a earthen ground.

only reason Faraday cages work is because it's got one hell of a earthen ground.

can see the ground wire sneakin off.

But then again if you had sweaty feet with your shoes off standing on a embedded concrete floor or something you would turn it into a faraday cage

But its not like them iphones have good reception in the first place, so nobody would probably notice.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Should pass right through if it doesn't have a earthen ground.

only reason Faraday cages work is because it's got one hell of a earthen ground.

can see the ground wire sneakin off.

But then again if you had sweaty feet with your shoes off standing on a embedded concrete floor or something you would turn it into a faraday cage

But its not like them iphones have good reception in the first place, so nobody would probably notice.
    Not quite, I used to put my cellphone inside an altoids tin and that would make the signal disappear. Good way to kill your battery by the way, forcing your phone to constantly search for a signal...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"