Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking sponsorship advice

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Seeking sponsorship advice

I'm starting to realize that what I want to do will cost a LOT of money. Realistically, that money is not coming any time soon.

I've got my eyes on a few things I want (motherboards, another 6850, accessories, heatsinks, whatnot); my biggest concerns I have are:
    What do I ask?
    What DON'T I ask?
    Who do I ask?
    What do I say?
    What DON'T I say?
    HOW do I say it?
    What is the best form of contacting them?

If there's anything I'm missing, let me know.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Seeking sponsorship advice

Portfolio, where the finished result will be posted, traffic, full plan, 3d model, parts list, other sponsors involved.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Now you're adding to the stress.........

Still what has to be done, has to be done.

I do understand completely that it's NOT going to be, "Hey, I'd like this free; may I have it?"

One quick question: What's better, phone call or email? Or does it depend on the company?

Tri.fecta

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I thought I gave you advice before... I'll post something tonight after work.

Most of the time email is fine. Generally you have to go through an Assistant Barrier if you decide to call them (Which can be a hassle occasionally).

I'd have to second what Buzz said. You have to make it worth their while to give you their products, with as little risk as possible to them.

Having a plan and mockups reduces the risk and posting it on modding websites (Multiple is usually the key, but if it's good enough TBCS could use the "exclusivity") sweetens the deal for them.

Got my worklog on a couple other forums.

Should I mention about TGS's donation?

Tri.fecta

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Here's an example of my email to EVGA.

Dear ---------,

Hello. My name is Ken Kirby and I work at Micro Center.

I build custom PC's and have been published a dozen times in magazines like Maximum PC and CPU. I will soon be featured in a Russian magazine called: Железо for my past work on over 30 custom PC's. Lately, I've had the pleasure to share my creations at the Micro Center where I work in Brentwood, Missouri. Last year, at the store's vendor conference I had my Rage in the Machine project on display.

http://www.pcmodhouse.com/id110.html

The parts inside are an easy way to show customers the components at work. My latest AMD Bulldozer tribute PC is a further attempt to advertise the products for companies who sell in our store. I completed the project two months ago and filled it with $2000 in components for AMD's new 8-core Bulldozer processor which is still on display in the store.

http://www.pcmodhouse.com/sitebuilde...g.w560h420.jpg

As of one month ago, I brought in a computer inside a fish tank, filled with mineral oil.

http://www.pcmodhouse.com/id119.html

I'm doing another store project to replace the Mineral oil PC, this time it's based on the work of Architect Rem Koolhaus. The computer will look as though it's a large home cut out of the mountains and will have windows with glass panes. I'll even be adding copper pipes and cobblestone on the exterior. Thermaltake is already sponsoring this build and have provided me with their Level 10 GT case. They have also given me a 1275 watt 80 Platinum power supply. Enermax has provided me some high powered fans as well.

I'm contacting you because I could use more help. Anything that does not come from a sponsorship becomes my expense. These items include the motherboard, video card, hard drive, sound card etc. I basically spending my own money for customer use in the store. I feel that this helps our store stand out from the others by showing what can be accomplished with computers. The finished case mod will go on display in the store for customers to try out. I will be submitting pictures to CPU magazine as well, hoping to make their Rig of the Month. The project will highlight the companies whose products appear in the case and thus give them a little bit of advertisement at the consumer level.

Micro Center sells products by EVGA, thus it only feels proper to have EVGA represented in the store in this project. I don't if a sponsorship from EVGA is even possible, but I really thought I should try. I really need a video card or cards that could put this 1275 Watt PSU to task. SLI would be awesome. The case will be put on display at the store once complete, where it will stay for several months.

Please let me know if you are able to help.

-Ken
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I'd sponsor you

My biggest problem is, I'm really not able to spread their name, except on forums.

I do have the worklog on several forums; I might be able to get featured on a major tech forum (I'm buddies with the admin/EIC)

Tri.fecta

Holy.
    Freak.

I will NOT take sponsorship advice from a spammer.

Tri.fecta

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Ya AmEv. You should get on more forums, get active in the modding groups on facebook and try to go to LAN parties. Going to LAN parties alone will score some big names.