Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyefinity + CrossfireX

Default Eyefinity + CrossfireX

Long time no see, how are all the TBCS fellas?

I've been wanting to try triple display eyefinity for ages and finally had the chance to get all the pieces together. I'm a bit surprised at how smooth it's been running, honestly I expected it to be awful buggy but so far it seems quite reliable. I filmed a few clips of me testing it out in BF3, Skyrim, and Crysis 2 and glued them together into the video below if you want to see. Those ran great, Crysis 2 on full blast settings, there is an issue with Skrim menu size being off when you set the resolution that high but there is a workaround found on http://widescreengamingforum.com/, but BF3 I had to back off a bit. I had it to nearly ultra settings on one screen but for now have just pulled back to high. I can spend time later trying to tweak it back up a little but I don't expect to get away with ultra on a 6760*1080 screen resolution. I just found out however that I have some funding cash in an education account that is reserved for "tech" supplies and I will lose it if I don't use it. I scratched my head to figure out how I would justify the use of the funds for my job but after talking to the director he made it clear that the money can be used for anything tech related, even if it doesn't apply to work at all. So I may pick up a pair of 7970's and see if they can pull it off. I don't suppose anyone is on the hunt for a pair of Sapphire 5870's? BTW- If you have the means and time to try gaming on 3x displays, DO IT!!! I can't even describe how cool it looks with the peripheral displays.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Default Re: Eyefinity + CrossfireX

yeah, i know, my friend runs eyefinity. also, i can, but i have a 24 in screen, soo i cant use that much real estate of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post

I've been wanting to try triple display eyefinity for ages and finally had the chance to get all the pieces together. I'm a bit surprised at how smooth it's been running, honestly I expected it to be awful buggy but so far it seems quite reliable. I filmed a few clips of me testing it out in BF3, Skyrim, and Crysis 2 and glued them together into the video below if you want to see. Those ran great, Crysis 2 on full blast settings, there is an issue with Skrim menu size being off when you set the resolution that high but there is a workaround found on http://widescreengamingforum.com/, but BF3 I had to back off a bit. I had it to nearly ultra settings on one screen but for now have just pulled back to high. I can spend time later trying to tweak it back up a little but I don't expect to get away with ultra on a 6760*1080 screen resolution. I just found out however that I have some funding cash in an education account that is reserved for "tech" supplies and I will lose it if I don't use it. I scratched my head to figure out how I would justify the use of the funds for my job but after talking to the director he made it clear that the money can be used for anything tech related, even if it doesn't apply to work at all. So I may pick up a pair of 7970's and see if they can pull it off. I don't suppose anyone is on the hunt for a pair of Sapphire 5870's? BTW- If you have the means and time to try gaming on 3x displays, DO IT!!! I can't even describe how cool it looks with the peripheral displays.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

I'm running a 30" Dell flat panel at 2560x1600. Eventually I want to drop a smaller monitor on either side, rotated vertically, at 1200x1600 each. My current setup (2x 8800GTS in SLI) won't play Skyrim at all. I'm jealous.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Can be you, you never post ;P

Getting older, but generally good. Moved out of home finally.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I'm right there with you. Here's my wife on my setup. I'm only running a single 2Gb 6950 though. I want to get another but it's going to be a while. These are three 1920x1200 24" Dell IPS displays. It runs really smooth but I have to turn things down a little bit. Another GPU and I think I could turn everything up to at least the point where I wouldn't wish for more.

That's a way sexy setup you got there. Hoping one of these days I'll be able to afford an update to my rig. It's over 5 years old. Newer games it can't do. World of Warcraft it runs fantastic.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    I'm running a 30" Dell flat panel at 2560x1600. Eventually I want to drop a smaller monitor on either side, rotated vertically, at 1200x1600 each. My current setup (2x 8800GTS in SLI) won't play Skyrim at all. I'm jealous.
    I believe all three screens have to be the same res?

I bought two 6950s for eyefinity (I'd look at the 6000 series and later for better performance scaling) and it was great, beware of card size/cooling/etc problems, but ultimately I realised I spent more time just showing eyefinity to people than actually using it. I sold the second card and bought an Accelero Xtreme Plus 2 and I'm perfectly happy on ultra at 1080p on pretty much everything.

If you have an appropriate mobo, even triple 6850s might be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    I believe all three screens have to be the same res?

I bought two 6950s for eyefinity (I'd look at the 6000 series and later for better performance scaling) and it was great, beware of card size/cooling/etc problems, but ultimately I realised I spent more time just showing eyefinity to people than actually using it. I sold the second card and bought an Accelero Xtreme Plus 2 and I'm perfectly happy on ultra at 1080p on pretty much everything.

If you have an appropriate mobo, even triple 6850s might be an option.
    6850 is only able to do 2 way xfire, triple wouldn't work. lol... I still have that 6950 up for grabs in my sale thread.
    Not dead yet

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    6850 is only able to do 2 way xfire, triple wouldn't work. lol... I still have that 6950 up for grabs in my sale thread.
    Good point, I forgot that! I owned two 6850s for a grand total of 2 days...

You could definitely do triple 5770s tho

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    Good point, I forgot that! I owned two 6850s for a grand total of 2 days...

You could definitely do triple 5770s tho
    have to be a dual tab 5770 cause the 5770 sitting next to me is only a single tab dual crossfire model.

they've also got 6 output cards. so you can have 12 monitors across two cards.

or 24 monitors across four cards which i think is the absolute maximum for Eyefinity at the moment.

You can actually "eyefinity" any two cards of any brand any model IF YOU CAN

a.) Set the render device
    b.) Set the display device(s)
    c.) Set custom resolution
    d.) Set custom FOV
    e.) Set to play in a windowed screen

Because the Render device is different from the display device and its run in a window, So far i've only came across about four games that will let it work, but hey its pretty cool when you see a GTX260 and a Geforce 6200 doing a three monitor span on Battleground Europe = p