Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eyefinity + CrossfireX

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Eyefinity + CrossfireX

^Do that with 2560*1600 displays, wheeeeeeeeee....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

In the distant future when I have the income for a home, I'd love to build a home theater in the basement running 3 high end projectors in eyefinity. Though I've heard it's rather difficult to match the edges up. Airbozo knows a lot about this stuff.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    In the distant future when I have the income for a home, I'd love to build a home theater in the basement running 3 high end projectors in eyefinity. Though I've heard it's rather difficult to match the edges up. Airbozo knows a lot about this stuff.
    I actually bet projectors would work awesome, cause you could almost overlay the images slightly (like by 1/8"th inch) and it'd be one unified image across the whole display!

Essentially, you could do something like this with three 1080p monitors in portrait mode. I agree though, it would be very difficult to manage the edges properly. It would definitely have to be a permanent setup. Overlapping the edges isn't good though. You really need to have it lined up perfectly.

I'm a big big fan of portrait mode. If I had money for tons more video cards and monitors I would go with something like this:

Still, I think for a home theater I would like to just stick with dual projector passive 3D. Tom's Hardware did a really good write up on it you can read here.

If I had the choice between triple projectors for eyefinity and home theater, and getting some motion chairs, though, I would go with motion chairs. D-Box has some really interesting solutions that work with games and movies alike. For that reason, I think D-Box motion seating and dual projector passive 3D would be my dream home theater set up.