Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build

Shut up and take my money!

Default Re: Lean and Green - modular dual PC scratch build

Even if its a new trick, you're doing a great job so far! Gunna be one heck of a mod when you're finished
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldersan View Post
    Even if its a new trick, you're doing a great job so far! Gunna be one heck of a mod when you're finished
    Thanks Aldersan appreciated I got a tiny bit paranoid the size of the prints weren't correct so ran to check them & they are spot on, was worried for a moment.

You got the tools and "modded" tools too ...keep going, mate...looking forward to seeing more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

Quote Originally Posted by Neodymium View Post
    You got the tools and "modded" tools too ...keep going, mate...looking forward to seeing more!
    Cheers Neodymium I have to say though I'm getting tired of cutting the 10mm alu now lol but not too much left to do of it.

Could really do with making an extension table for the front & sides although I suppose I could flip the blade the other way around & pull instead of push, might be trickier though but I'll give it a try, my arms keep going dead from holding the heavy plate while guiding it with 1 hand so need to stop every few minutes.

Anyway taking off the excess weight from the outside edges, hopefully I can dig deep & do all the outside edges at least today, still about 6 or 7 hours until I'll call it a day.

Whether you push or pull, make sure you wear some work gloves I was gonna say that last time, but with your "tool modding" if something snaps, its gonna hurt you...think safety that said, your cuts are exceptional! this is going to be good when its done
    measure for two days.
    cut once.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    Figured it would only take a couple of minutes to mod a band saw blade by grinding it so went & done it & tested it & it works awesome.
    This is going to be off the hook! And I must say, a modder who mods his tools to mod a PC??? You are now filed under "bad-ass mutha modder" Ha! I can watching this build with great anticipation!

Whether you push or pull, make sure you wear some work gloves I was gonna say that last time, but with your "tool modding" if something snaps, its gonna hurt you...think safety that said, your cuts are exceptional! this is going to be good when its done
    Thanks Neodymium I don't think there is a need for gloves doing scroll saw work I think it's the safest tool I've ever used, I've had it were the band saw blade pops out of the holder & it just bends the blade out of shape which can be bent back into shape allowing it to be used again it's the really thin fretsaw blades that tend to snap but that's because of them being just less than 1mm wide & a fraction of a mm thick, the band saw blades are far stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    This is going to be off the hook! And I must say, a modder who mods his tools to mod a PC??? You are now filed under "bad-ass mutha modder" Ha! I can watching this build with great anticipation!
    Cheers jdbnsn.

Had a 17 hour sleep lol, this cold or whatever it is really kicked my rear for the first day, 17 hours but I'm feeling a lot better & my nose isn't dribbling like it were, just a slightly sore throat & temporary damaged sleep pattern so a quick passing cold.

Since the work I'm doing is noisy due to the table not being big enough to support bigger pieces on the front I'll use tonight to get all the designs ready for printing.

I made the extension surface piece last night, just need a base & bars or blocks of wood to make the height right & then fix it to the table which the saw is on, could have ordered a 6mm large alu sheet to replace the stock one but it costs £70 with VAT & delivery.

If I bought 2 3mm sheets it would be £55 delivery included & I know the seller sends them out fast, it's tempting because it won't require a complex mod, just add the mounting holes, cutting hole & dust holes & smooth off the holes & edges & replace the stock one, very tempted but I'll see if I can make an easy to remove one first with scraps lying around.

Finally got the extension for the front of the scroll saw made.

I'll be able to use both hands now for parts like this.

Progress resumes tomorrow, wooo hoooooo.

I want tools like yours...!!! Nice extension btw
    measure for two days.
    cut once.

I want tools like yours...!!! Nice extension btw
    It still requires good focus, steady hands & extreme patience to get through it though lol, cheers Neodymium.

Ok since my sleep pattern is knackered once again but I was feeling highly focused I decided to just get on with it through the night but at a slow gentle pace so it didn't create noise & slowly but surely got it done.

1 of the big 10mm pieces done, 1 more to go.

And pulled all the templates & masking tape & protective film off the other 10mm pieces for a few group photos of 4 out of the 5 10mm alu pieces.

Warning, cutting 10mm good grade alu even with a good tool like the scroll saw I have tests a persons focus & patience, zombie mode with keeping control high is required.