Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: der_george - awsm htpc

Default Re: der_george - awsm htpc

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    nice job! the black looks much better
    Black is beautiful! Thanks a lot SXRguyinMA!

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    to make a pin like that to be soldered to the board, you can always take a regular pin and crimp it to a bare wire and then cut the wire to the right length.
    Good Idea! Why didn't I think of that!?

Well, after a long long time i’ve got something new for you.
    Well the whole story started when after weeks of waiting I got mail. Sadly not the parts I had been waiting for but a letter from the customs office – 2 letters to be exact.

Didn’t think much apart from that it took what seemed like years for anything to arrive.
    So I took last Friday afternoon off and went to Tennenlohe to the customs office. The first (bigger) parcel wasn’t a problem – the second one though. Customs had opened the parcels and checked the contents and a Customs-Officer noticed that the Blu-Ray Drive that I had ordered didn’t have a „CE“-Label. That was the reason why They didn’t want to give it to me and why it toook soooo long.

The Problem was that I had bought an external Drive as it was cheaper than the internal Drive on its own. This casing didn’t have the “CE”. So I told the officer, that I could open the casing for him and show him the CE-Sign and if he wanted he could keep the plastic. It took quite a while to pursuade him and when I opend it the first thing we saw was the CE-Sign. I still wasn’t allowed to take it with me. The officer had top hone around and fill in a load of forms and after a loooooong wait I was able to leave the building (with the Case and all afterall ) What a load of ***** and huge waist of time as I’m going to remove that horrible sticker anyway.

Now I could carry on measuring -up and planning weeks later than planed.
    Oh, I forgot to post the pictures of the (whole, unmodded) CAD-Modell.

Well. I will start off by making following part. What could it be?

I’ve got the material for it all.

Well I’ll get to work and show you what I did when I've finished.

So long :0)

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: der_george - awsm htpc

i'm guessing it is a heat block of some type that will use heat pipes to attach to the external heatsink sides of the case. so does that mean you are going to try and go totally fanless?