Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotta love Goodwill...

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Gotta love Goodwill...

I seen a eVGA mother board of some type for a Core2Duo/Core2quad with Sli and the works for 19.99.

went back and it was gone hahahahhahaha

I need to do this more often it seems.

Curious though, how big are the areas you guys live? I'm in a small town of about 20,000 including all the student population. It feels smaller than 20,000 in a lot of ways too.

I'm in the metrowest area outside of Boston, so quite a bit bigger than your town. There's generally not anything very good computer parts wise, but I got lucky this time. I'd been going every few weeks looking for an old mechanical keyboard for about six months.

It's possible to find good deals here on occasion, but we live in a fairly small town so great buys are sadly few & far between. Also, it's hard to get me to go into the biggest thrift store in town because I used to work there & it was a horrible place to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Your pearly goop is really pretty.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I found bread maker one time with all the stuff for it. Paid $8 woo! The Goodwill in Cheyenne won't even take computer stuff anymore since they lost the guy who looked at that stuff for them. And The one here in Scottsbluff is way too small.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Nuts & Volts and Servo magazines, over 100 issues, about $9 total.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

only thing ive ever found at my local goodwill was an antique silver set for $20.

Went to a "yard sale" at a school. It was one of those things where people donate a bunch of stuff and they sell it off for fund raising. They didn't have much of anything.

But, I did walk out with an iomega external cd drive. Came home, swapped the cd drive for an LG dvd/cd multidrive and it works beautifully. I was looking for an external that took standard 5.25 drives as I had a few lying around and didn't didn't see the need to buy a slim external when I already had these.

Picked it up for $1.

EDIT: Doesn't want to burn DVD's. Then again, I can't remember if the drive is the problem, but it could just be the controller. Either way it reads DVD's just fine, and that was all I wanted it for.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    EDIT: Doesn't want to burn DVD's. Then again, I can't remember if the drive is the problem, but it could just be the controller. Either way it reads DVD's just fine, and that was all I wanted it for.
    I think I remember the documentation for my old IDE-USB cable saying that it wouldn't work right with DVD drives.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

That makes sense. I only really needed it for windows installations on computers with no drive. Otherwise I can just map to my main rigs drive, or server dvd drive. So I'm not unhappy I can't burn with it.