Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with today's generation

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Default Problems with today's generation

This in essence is more of a rant...so if your easily entertained or agree with what i'm going to talk about, here we go.

I was raised with manners en-grained in me and that these manners is what everyone looks for. Growing up i kept that in mind, thinking that if i treated people with kindness and "love", that it would be returned. Now that i can actually "see" everything, i'm beginning to notice that my generation (90's) and the newest generation don't exactly see those manners anymore.

Everything has become a "survival of the fittest" when it comes to relationships of all kinds. These newer generations focus on the physical body more than a personality. A place where chivalry is beginning to die more and more. Women are being treated like total garbage, yet still go back to the guy who committed the act. But yet they complain that they cannot find a "good guy".....
    A place where not only do you have to have a good job, but you have to look like your a steroid head in order to get any good looking female to even talk to you.

This has got me so flustered that i am shutting down that mannerism side to me and seeing if it really pays off to be a mindless d*** like most of my generation is becoming.
    What are your thoughts on the generation of today? Be honest.
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Problems with today's generation

I see this, occasionally, too. While I also was raised with decent standards, the world and where we want to be can be complete opposites. Being LDS (and not ashamed or afraid to admit it), I also have personal dating standards. I think part of the problem is some people (half a generation before us) wanted to get things, but their parents still were taught right. So they gave their kids too much opportunity. Hence, that's why you see 6-year-olders with AO game language. Absolute filth

Personally, I think the biggest cause of the problem is living "in the now". We can't give up 2 seconds in download times, let alone giving 2 years up for something we believe in. The other thing I think is part of the problem? Abstinence, or, lack thereof. "Why wait for <censored> with a wife, why not do it now?

In all seriousness, if everyone abstained, think of what would happen to STD rates: In a few years, they'd be virtually non-existent! I say virtually, because there is the chance of transferring it to children. Other than that,....

(and the fact that our sense of beauty has been horribly distorted with the help of modern technology, yeah.)
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Coming from a bit earlier generation I see you points. But ask yourself this...

Do you really want a woman that has no regard for manners or personality? Sounds like a shallow relationship at best. On top of the fact it sounds like your going to have to pretend to be something your not (a mindless d***). As frustrating as it may be, your best bet is to BE YOURSELF. Find the woman that is interested in YOU not someone or something your imitating. I think otherwise is a recipe for disaster.

Just my 2 cents.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

The other thing that seems problematic is some people think it is "cool" to make themselves look like COMPLETE IDIOTS.

We may joke about "uber ha><0rs", but we know, deep inside, they are doing it deliberately.
    Seriously, I see no difference between trolling and stupidity. In fact, I think that trolling is a very stupid thing to do.
    (I can understand the occasional practical joke to good friends; that isn't trolling at all. But ridiculing yourself all over the Internet? That's something you can't erase. And changing Google to adult sites in public hotspots? That's rude, and quite possibly illegal, not a practical joke)

My two cents posts.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Coming from a bit earlier generation I see you points. But ask yourself this...

Do you really want a woman that has no regard for manners or personality? Sounds like a shallow relationship at best. On top of the fact it sounds like your going to have to pretend to be something your not (a mindless d***). As frustrating as it may be, your best bet is to BE YOURSELF. Find the woman that is interested in YOU not someone or something your imitating. I think otherwise is a recipe for disaster.

Just my 2 cents.
    You do have a point. I have been told to wait for someone and to be more outgoing; however, I am slowly starting to not see the point in those things. I guess I'm just tired of being nice and most of the time being treated like quite the opposite. Most people reply with "that's how the world works, deal with it." but I have yet to come to that point.
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Quote Originally Posted by Locum51 View Post
    I guess I'm just tired of being nice and most of the time being treated like quite the opposite. Most people reply with "that's how the world works, deal with it." but I have yet to come to that point.
    You will know when you meet that person. Don't stop being nice and don't stop being who you really are for someone else - you don't want to be one of "most people".
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

I know what you mean. I am from the same generation. It is terrible that we will inheriet the world. I see how my peers act toward each other and i just can't seem to grasp why they are so mean and cruel. I see little kids cursing and bossing the parents around. If i did any of the things that i see kids do today i would have gotten spanked. Something needs to be done with our generation before we screw things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

I get treated the same as you. I am kind and nice and i have good manners. People at my work make fun of me because i work really hard for a lousy 7.50 and hour so the business can grow and i can make more money. i screw up sometime and i never hear the end of it. people are just rude and mean and out for them selves. Well most people are you just have to find the ones who are worth it. We might be few and far but we are out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Custom Title Honors

the comments of the OP's on this new generation as far as manners go is probably spot on. however, his views on women and what they want are not isolated to his generation. that's the way it is and has been for a long time. it's not so much that women are looking for a dick head, it's just that women like drama and excitement. and the "bad boy" provides that for them. so, to get a woman, you don't actually have to look like a greek god. you just have to appeal to their sense of having fun. now, what is that you may ask? it's very simple. yet one of the hardest thing si have found to try and do if it's not natural to you.

anyone who has seen "who framed roger rabbit" already knows the secret, but may not understand it. all you have to do is make them laugh. it's that simple. find what makes a girl laugh and she's yours. i have seen it over and over again. without fail.

so you don't need to be a douche bag and treat a good lookin' girl like crap. and you can continue being your nice self and be chivalrous and all that (which they do appreciate) but you have to provide excitement and fun, and that's what laughter does. they laugh and think "i'm laughing, so this must be fun."

there it is. that's the secret.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze15301 View Post
    I know what you mean. I am from the same generation. It is terrible that we will inheriet the world. I see how my peers act toward each other and i just can't seem to grasp why they are so mean and cruel. I see little kids cursing and bossing the parents around. If i did any of the things that i see kids do today i would have gotten spanked. Something needs to be done with our generation before we screw things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    the comments of the OP's on this new generation as far as manners go is probably spot on. however, his views on women and what they want are not isolated to his generation. that's the way it is and has been for a long time. it's not so much that women are looking for a dick head, it's just that women like drama and excitement. and the "bad boy" provides that for them. so, to get a woman, you don't actually have to look like a greek god. you just have to appeal to their sense of having fun. now, what is that you may ask? it's very simple. yet one of the hardest thing si have found to try and do if it's not natural to you.

anyone who has seen "who framed roger rabbit" already knows the secret, but may not understand it. all you have to do is make them laugh. it's that simple. find what makes a girl laugh and she's yours. i have seen it over and over again. without fail.

so you don't need to be a douche bag and treat a good lookin' girl like crap. and you can continue being your nice self and be chivalrous and all that (which they do appreciate) but you have to provide excitement and fun, and that's what laughter does. they laugh and think "i'm laughing, so this must be fun."

there it is. that's the secret.
    @blaze - yea, i would have gotten s*** kicked out me if i do what kids do now a days, that and now instead of the kids getting bad grades, it's now the "teachers" fault.

@xr4 - that's very true. That has worked in the past for me. I guess it just isn't working anymore for me?