Thread: Quality/Reasonably Priced Mic/Headset

Shut up and take my money!

Default Quality/Reasonably Priced Mic/Headset

So, recently the mic on my headset died. Which really sucks, because I like my headset a lot lol.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys knew of any good mics, clip on or whatnot, that are NOT USB, since I have a good sound card and would prefer to use it lol.

Failing that, any suggestions on good and reasonably priced headsets with 3.5mm inputs would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Alder
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Quality/Reasonably Priced Mic/Headset

I have the 1st gen Faita1ty headset. Love it. Comfy for 14+ hours of gaming and sound is amazing. Even on my onboard sound.

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    I have the 1st gen Faita1ty headset. Love it. Comfy for 14+ hours of gaming and sound is amazing. Even on my onboard sound.
    like the very first? cause in the past few years, creative has become a joke of what my dog left in my yard out back.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

I got a turtle beach headset on sale at BB. Has actually scared the shiz out of me a couple times...sound is very clear and powerful.
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...FS6FQAod53M0JA
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

I have a lot of experience with headsets actually. (BTW- I have to agree about the lousy quality of Creative Labs over the last few years, their hardware failure rate for me has been approaching 100%). I have Sennheiser wireless which is nice and has decent bass for a wireless but not very practical due to frequency interference which almost always shows up to some level. I can't speak to bluetooth wireless signal though, that might be ok. After that, I picked up a Triton high end set which can use an optical input as well as coax digital and the triple 3.5mm jacks. Sound quality is quite good, bass is average, and I never could get the mic portion working correctly. The most recent set I have used was the cheapest, used USB, and has had the most impressive sound I have heard in any headset hands down. I compared it to a very expensive Bose set and it blew it away. Logitech g35, it is USB which you don't seem to want, but they do 7.1 DD, have real balls in terms of volume, very crisp and explosive bass, and clear as can be. For the money and the quality, I would certainly recommend it over the others.

I have the G35s and love them. They sound really nice in games and playing music.

I'm wanting to try out the Cyborg F.R.E.Q. 5 headset though. It's not released yet but should be a similar price to the G35 set.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Yep the Mark 1. I got it roughly 5 years ago and its still going strong.