Thread: Go Dad!

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Go Dad!

Well, this isn't my dad, but he sent a SERIOUS message to his daughter:

"Disrespect me, there WILL be consequences!"
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Default Re: Go Dad!

Funny sheet!

One thing my in-laws are pissed about, is that children under a certain age are not allowed (by law) to sign up for facebook, but facebook lets them. If the parent tries to have the account closed because it was opened by an under age kid, facebook will not close the account. Lawyers are now involved...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Damn, I want to get paid for the chores I do around my house! Who do I talk to about that? Maybe the head of the household...*looks at mirror*....damn...didn't think that one though...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I set the comments to auto-update. Oh, man, it was FLODDING in, one new post every 1/10th of a second.

Tri.fecta

Finally got a chance to watch this. Very nice. I completely approve.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

I mostly agree . . .

I would have sold the laptop or given it to charity or something, not destroyed it. When trying to teach values we don't teach some by disregarding the rest.

If it were my daughter she would have been grounded and had her privileges taken away, definitely.

My personal values on money with my kids is that I pay for their needs, and in return they do their chores around the house. However, wants should be earned and paid for with their own money, even from a young age. That means instead of allowance they could get paid for doing extra work either around the house or working at the family business. I had a job at my dad's office. It was good for everyone. I had money, so I didn't ask my parents for money, and the overhead at the office was lower because I was cheaper.

He seems very emotional throughout the whole video. Would he have done this a week after finding the message? If so, then alright I can respect it, but I doubt that would have been the case. Odds are even a few hours after, or the next day, he was regretting the decision to shoot the computer, even if he was (justifiably) still angry about the post.

Discipline should be about correcting wrong actions while teaching good principles, then showing an increased love toward the person being disciplined. This video drags the whole world in and shows nothing but anger. That's not discipline. It will drive a larger wedge between her and her parents.

While I agree that it wasn't the best way to go about things, I'm mainly glad that a dad is showing the world that "As parents, we do what we do because we care for you."

Tri.fecta

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Damn, I want to get paid for the chores I do around my house! Who do I talk to about that? Maybe the head of the household...*looks at mirror*....damn...didn't think that one though...
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I mostly agree . . .

I would have sold the laptop or given it to charity or something, not destroyed it. When trying to teach values we don't teach some by disregarding the rest.

If it were my daughter she would have been grounded and had her privileges taken away, definitely.

My personal values on money with my kids is that I pay for their needs, and in return they do their chores around the house. However, wants should be earned and paid for with their own money, even from a young age. That means instead of allowance they could get paid for doing extra work either around the house or working at the family business. I had a job at my dad's office. It was good for everyone. I had money, so I didn't ask my parents for money, and the overhead at the office was lower because I was cheaper.

He seems very emotional throughout the whole video. Would he have done this a week after finding the message? If so, then alright I can respect it, but I doubt that would have been the case. Odds are even a few hours after, or the next day, he was regretting the decision to shoot the computer, even if he was (justifiably) still angry about the post.

Discipline should be about correcting wrong actions while teaching good principles, then showing an increased love toward the person being disciplined. This video drags the whole world in and shows nothing but anger. That's not discipline. It will drive a larger wedge between her and her parents.
    i would find some kid that could appreciate a nice laptop like that, one who is respectful, make a video with them and say, -> this.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all