Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rant: Trolls

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Rant: Trolls

I'm just getting tired of trolls. It's getting out of hand.

An open letter to all trolls

I appreciate that you have a sense of humor. And that you seek attention. However, this is not the way to go about it. You get your entertainment at the expense of everybody else's. Just stop. Stop it now.

Let's get started with what's wrong. First off the bat: Written speech. I understand completely that there are people whose native language is NOT English. And I understand that there is the occasional slip of the keyboard. However, you find humor in deliberately spelling things wrong. And when people try to help you out, not knowing your circumstances, you laugh at people and say “I meant to do that!” This is UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR. Knock it off.

Another thing that is horrible: referring people to adult sites. Yes, there are people that are looking for things. It may be discounted items, troubleshooting, or general entertainment. However, going “Hey, looking for this? Go to example.com!” Some people don't want to see that kind of thing, and most that do consider it filth. We don't want to see some guy “having fun”, especially when we are genuinely looking for help. Again, this is MORALLY INCORRECT!

Yet another thing that's wrong? Deliberately saying facts incorrectly. Some people don't know the capital of Slovokia. Again, Googling can easily fix that. But giving incorrect facts to, say, who won the Super Bowl? You may try to make them look like an ignorant fool, but YOU ARE THE IGNORANT FOOL. No, you are an IDIOTIC JERK.

You know that phrase “Can't tell if trolling, or just stupid”? I see no difference between trolling and being stupid. However, there is a definite difference between not knowing to begin with and being stupid.

You are not wanted here. GROW UP, or GET OUT! If you got a kick out of reading this letter, SEEK A MENTAL EXPERT IMMEDIATELY!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE!

From people who care,

The 99% of the Internet.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Default Re: Rant: Trolls

I just ignore them, less I'm feeling in the mood to see where the conversation goes, or get genuinely tricked.

Worrying about other people just isn't worth it. I always peek at the link to see where it is going before I click it, so that isn't so much a problem for me.

Watch, I'll eat my words when I release my game. Trolling randomly I can ignore; I don't do so well when the trolling is directed directly at me.

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus Technochicken's Avatar

Forum trolls I can deal with. Real-life trolls (fortunately I only know a few) are much worse.

I kinda like trolls. They're pretty funny to me, depending on the situation and level/type of trolling.

I will completely agree though, with shocker linking. It's disgusting and the sort of thing I try and never see on the internet ever. When it happens I get pretty mad about it.

Other than that I'm okay with my cost of google-fu laziness being some derision. For the most part, the beneficial humor in my life outweighs the cost of the rare irritation.

Two words:

Minecraft. Griefers.

Argh, they are frustrating, to say the very least.

I personally think there is a clear difference between pranking/pratical-joking and trolling.

Tri.fecta

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

forgive me but....

umad bro?

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Frustrated, yes.

You DON'T want to see me mad. It takes a lot, a LOT, to make me mad, and when I get there....

I don't want to think about it.

Tri.fecta

"Lemme Sho' Ya' Sumtin!!!" - FMB

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    umad bro?
    ^One word: Win!

My question is, do you feel a little better after ranting...or is that just me?
    I love me a good rant every once in a while.
    Project: Archangel Complete
    Project: Patron W.I.P
    Phenom II X3 710 2.6ghz, MSI 785GTM-E45, 2x2gb Kingston 800mhz, Hitachi 320gb HDD, OCZ StealthXStream 400w

Don't feed the trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide