Thread: Color changing led test

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Color changing led test

ka-chaow!

This is just sorta shoved inside right now, im going to drill out holes for the RBGY's to poke through, along with ground effects on the bottom and such.

Default Re: Color changing led test

Needs a little more fade between colors and a bit of a diffuser. The flashy flashy would make me go nuts.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    Needs a little more fade between colors and a bit of a diffuser. The flashy flashy would make me go nuts.
    Yea I gotta bleed off about 0.50v and mess with some dip switches.

Pretty cool though at least in my opinion!

Definitely nice. Sure beats a set color that never changes. I should probably look into RGB LEDs for TRON: Legacy. Not so much for making the lights move like that, but to be able to select the specific color blend I want instead of being chained to what's available commercially. You should do a writeup on how to set this up. Would be useful to others.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Disco computer is disco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    Definitely nice. Sure beats a set color that never changes. I should probably look into RGB LEDs for TRON: Legacy. Not so much for making the lights move like that, but to be able to select the specific color blend I want instead of being chained to what's available commercially. You should do a writeup on how to set this up. Would be useful to others.
    If nothing else, you gotta make it so it can switch from blue to red - good n evil and all that heh

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

^AND orange....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Yeah, would be interesting, however I'm looking at using EL wire for part of the lighting so the color change would be odd.

This does (or will)

White
    Red
    Blue
    Green
    Yellow
    Purple
    Pink
    Orange
    Teal
    ( I think i'm still missing some)

can't stress that this is still extremely experimental, and i have a trick up my sleeve that nobody has thought of using as a controller.

btw this exact same set up is going into the "Electrochromatic Window/ Gibson mod " So if you thought the blue and green alternating was cool through the smart-glass... wait till you see this s@#t man!!!

I'm also taking my case down to my buddies shop for a run through the media blaster (i'm out 30$...but...5 minutes and i've got a absolutely perfectly blasted and re-finished computer chassis)

I'm also yes....Still saving for enough of that 3m carbon film, but by my measurements it'll take about 8 square feet to do the whole outside chassis, and the front interior compartment.. (and hint hint, imma carbon film the 115v fans as well housing blades and all)

So i guess this is pretty much the forerunning thread to Asus Vento 2012 and I'd of never of had the courage and motivation to do some crazy s@#t to a computer without knowing you guys.