Thread: Project BF3.3 by Richie123

Default Project BF3.3 by Richie123

By jdbnsn

Welcome to duty! It's time to grip and rip and I can't think of a better way to gear up for combat than to load up on a magnificent custom PC with full metal jackets. Our friend Richie123 has been with us for just under a year and he's been making some explosive changes to a Thermaltake Level 10 GT case. Here's the sit-rep...

One of my favorite features of this build (for obvious reasons) is the custom etched plexi side window. The detail in this image is breath-taking and if I understand it correctly was done by Dremel-in-hand by his "misses". That's right modders, you have a right to be jealous that you can't can't get you're girl to mod... The other eye-candy imagery is the airbrushed tank from the Battlefield 3 artwork theme, terrific work dude!

Richie123 has decked out this modern solution to computerized conflict with lots of realistic war replicas, not an easy thing to get your hands on in the strictly gun-unfriendly U.K. Vega Force Company decided to chip in an amazing replica-model MK 18 Mod 1 AEG which will be seated on the top of the chassis and you must see the detail on this weapon, it's surreal. Calibur11 also tossed him a Battlefield 3 Vault xbox chassis which provided him with a very realistic claymore and canister grenade for the side architecture. And as always, point toward enemy!

He has been milling over the choices of decor adding ammo linings and soon to come modeled soldier gear for the Fallen Soldier tribute. Some great use of camo-wrap very cleverly completes the BF3 feel you would expect from a well thought out theme. Although I'm not certain how it will play in yet, an orange helix dual bay res was fronted by FrozenQ which is definitely cool looking and I am curious how it will tie into the BF3 theme.

Stay tuned for more updates to this battle-ready PC as Richie123 and the "misses" continue to blow us away like pawns on the field. Guns, girls, and camo....does it get any better? Thanks for sharing the great project Richie, I'm digging it all the way!!!

-jdbnsn

Last edited by jdbnsn; 03-04-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Project BF3.3 by Richie123

Grats! Very nice project.

Overclocked

Very Very Honoured by this

Overclocked

Messing around with different colour lighting one the window, made something wierd happen when you walk past the panel (sorry could not help myself and had to show this.

As you can see the colour changes as you move from side to side, but the amazing side effect makes it look like he is watching you and turning body to follow you too..

full pics here flickr

That looks so cool, remarkable etching!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Overclocked

oops wrong section