Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

Because I changed my hardware plans, I needed to use a heavier powersupply. The problem was that the cables from the new Tagan PSU are somewhat different situated on the psu, so I needed to make some new brackets for the cables. This time I used some black anodized aluminium from AC Ryan and transparant orange acrylic, instead of the white sheets I used for the old brackets.

The cables in the picture above are the standard sleeved Tagan cables, but that will change soon. I will use some tubing to cover them and this will also make it possible to pl;ace the cables in an almost perfect straight line.
    On the left side of the picture you can see 4 cables going through an aluminium sheet. I needed to make holes in the sheet that were big enough to pull the cables through, but that was a problem because that would mean there was a gap between the cables and the holes. So I made an acrylic parts that fits tight around the cables and can be opened on the left and right side to pull the cables through.

Haven't had much time to work on this mod lately
    But that doesn't mean there is no progress. Been working on the leds that will light up the windows. First I needed to make something to mount the leds. I took some acrylic sheets, one 5mm. and one 3mm. plate, glued these together and made small pieces of it. Drilled a 5mm. hole in every piece and glued all these pieces onto the frosted ring.This is the result.

I needed quite a lot of these acrylic pieces because I have got four windows.
    One of the rings completed and ready for the leds.

A led in every acrylic piece and connecting the wires.

Time to test the leds.

The endresult will be very different of course. The glass fiber sidepanels will be painted black so you won't see the strange "dots" of light anymore.

I also received all my watercooling stuff. Again changed the original plans, will not watercool the harddisks, these are in a seperate compartment of the case anyway. I will watercool the CPU, GPU ( full cover block) the mosfets and the North and Southbridge. All EKwaterblocks except the CPU block, that's a D-tek Fuzion v2 block.

Thanks guys, it's always nice to here people like what you are doing. I would lie if I told you I didn't care about other peoples opinions.
    No update today, but I wonna show you my new tool

I don't think I will use it much for this casebuild, because I will need to learn a lot before I can use it.

I was looking for information about CNC mills for quite some time and I discovered a Dutch cnc forum http://cnczone.nl
    They helped me a bit and showed me where to look for more information. I wanted to buy a smaller one, but then I saw this one in the for sale forum on cnczone. It is a High-Z S-720/T
    http://www.cnc-step.com/html/high-z_...smaschine.html
    Almost everything was included, only need to look for some CAD software like autocad. I can also use some free CAD programs for the time being.

I'm still reading all the manuals that came with the machine but I couldn't wait to try and mill a text into acrylic. Made a couple of different test pieces, before I milled the name Evolutionary into one of the windows.

And this is the result.

Thanks for all your comments.

It's been a while since I've posted an update. Been playing with my new toy, the cnc mill.
    The black Tygon hose isn't as flexible as the normal transparant one. Needed something for tight bends and that's where the mill comes in.

These two parts can easily be removed. Just unscrew the three hex bolts.

And with the part in place.

A also made a part that will guide two hoses, that pass through a aluminium panel. Nice to practice milling a pocket. Made a pocket in an orange sheet of acrylic, two millimeters deep. The black acrylic fits into this pocket.

Thanks guys and yes I just love that machine. When I came up with the name for this case I also remembered an image from school. Darwin and his evulotion theory, combined with the picture from a monkey that starts to walk upright and finishes with a man. Now it is possible to pick an image from the internet and engrave it into some plexi with the mill. It has to be something that fits into to theme and looks of the case, so I used the same color scheme as with the fanholders. Orange, black and white.

I used an engraver's milling cutter.
    http://www.vhf.de/cgi-bin/connect?se...es&targetId=64
    The first one in the list.

Those are some great engravings B4i7. I guess I wil have to add some of those ball nose endmills to my wishlist. I think you have also engraved the outlines of the images, like the S, didn't you? I order my mills abroad in Germany, to save money on the shippingcosts I only order stuff when I have a list with more parts. Besides that I will have to save some money first But I will definately buy a couple of those ball nose mills, thanks for the tip.

I finished almost all the hoseclamps now.

I don't know whether you remember the thing I made for the pump, the acrylic housing. I needed to dress it up a bit.

It's not finished yet, still need to cut away some of the ribs for the pumpoutlet. Will have to wait for the glue to harden first.

At first I wanted only to glue on those black ribs. Made the transparant acrylic parts just to keep everything in place while glueing it onto the housing, but I like those transparant parts so much that I will leave them on.

The casemod is almost ready. Need to do some more work on the reservoirs and the last thing I want to do is paint the glassfibre parts.
    At the moment I can't do any work on the case because I'm in Australia right now, travelling from Darwin to Perth, where I'm right now and tomorrow I will start to travel along the westcoast to Albany and back to Perth again. Will be back in the Netherlands at may 12, so no worries, I haven't stopped working on this casemod.