Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

Waiting for some materials from AC Ryan, so I had some time for brainstorming on the logo. I want a simple logo, so I'm not going to use the whole word Evolutionary, just the first three letters E, V and the O. An other thing I wanted to do is making it different from the usual logos. I took some mdf, acrylic and aluminium ( leftover from the Lian Li case from my finished casemod ) and started cutting out the letters.
    The E and the V from mdf and acrylic, the O from aluminium.

The acrylic on top of the mdf.

The mdf from the E had to be carved, so it will fit over the V.

Not finished yet, the mdf will be painted and the acrylic will be sanded, but this is what it will look like.

When finished, it will be mounted on a black surface and some leds will bring some light from behind.

A while ago, I posted a sketch from the powerbutton with the activity leds. Today I started working on this thing. It will look a lot like the drawing but it will not be exactly the same.

The aluminium, a piece left from a Lian Li casemod, was already finished. I will only need to cut a hole in the big circle for the button to fit in later on. The frosted white acrylic will have to fit in the button. I wnat to light the thing up from behind, that's why I used the frosted acrylic.

It's not that easy to get the acrylic fit into the button. But now it's almost finished. The last bit I will do by sanding it.

Thanks. It's still not ready but it's starting to shape up now. This picture is after the first paintjob, it will get far more shiny after two more layers

Need to sand and paint it two more times. After that I will cut out the opening in the aluminium for the button and start working on the activity leds and the holders they will be mounted in.

I bought a 2.1 Philips speakersystem.

The satellites will be integrated in the case and the subwoofer will get the same look as the case. Before I can mount the satelittes I will have to cut of the feet and cover up the steel fronts with something more suitable for my black case.

mark the acrylic before cutting it.

Cut out the circles

They almost fit, still need a bit of sanding.

Because of a thunderstorm I had to quit working on the polyester sidepanels. I was bored and used some tape to put some parts onto the frame.
    It far from finished, but just to give you guys an idea of what it will look like.

Please keep in mind that the case will be painted and that I will add so many details, like windows and decoration.
    I glued in the airducts in the left side panel. Used some heavy materials to press the polyester sheet down.

Used some bondo to fill up the small gap between the airducts and the sidepanel.

The airducts themself also need some bondo and I will have to sand them several times.

I also need another mold, a mold for yet another airduct. It will look like in this sketch.

The fan will be mounted on the right side and I already made the acrylic to hold the fans. These are two AC Ryan 90mm. fans.

The duct will be placed over here (one on the left side and one on the right side of the case)

and the mold is almost finished. Only need to paint, sand, paint, sand and paint it before I can use it.

First duct is ready. It will be painted black of course.

This is what will be visible in the endresult. The bottom of the case will be covered with some aluminium later on. The black aluminium plate is still covered with a layer of plastic, I only removed a piece around the fan.

Underneath the fan you can see an opening, won't be visible in the finished case. This opening is for the dustfilter that will come underneath the intake. It needs to be removable to clean the filter, that's why I cut that opening, so it can slide underneath the intake and back when it needs to be cleaned.

AC Ryan send me a lot of new materials for this casebuild, but not only the acrylic and aluminium comes in handy, but also the cardboard that protects the materials. I made a model from the duct that will guide the air from the intakes on the sidepanel to the radiator.

And this is what it will look like withe the black aluminium panel, that will divede the front of the case from the two compartments in the back, in place

From the side, without the sidepanel on, it will look like this.

With this cardboard model it's easy to see if you missed something and if the thing will fit in there and it does, so it's time to make the same thing from acrylic.

I think you mean the scroll saw I used to make the circles in the black acrylic for the speakers. It's a cheap electrical scroll saw, bough the thing with the money I had won with my previous casemod in the Dutch championship casemodding. It saves me so much time using this electrical saw instead of the manual scroll saw. Ferm is the brand, cheap stuff, but good enough for normal use.

I finished the acrylic ducts that will guide the air from the intakes on the sidepannels to the radiator.

and the ducts placed in the frame

I will mount two parts of these ducts onto the sidepanels.

The left duct from the inside of the case and with the sidepanel on.

Front picture from the left side.

Also did some work on the mobo tray and the backside of the case. This part i mean.

Coolermaster sended me a damaged mobotray for FREE. It only needs some small modifications. The back needs to be covered to match my black case.

The backside of my case is starting to look much better.

I think this will look great.

Thanks guys, yes it is starting to shape up quite well. That's why I started working on the frontpanel. Just like I did with the powerbutton I will use mdf and aluminium. I used some brushed aluminium from AC Ryan.

There is still some tape on the aluminium, because I have to file it a bit more. The DVD player, Aquaero and the front panel from the soundcard will be placed in the middle and that's also the spot where I will use the mdf.

Did not have much time to work on the case last weeks, but this week I can show you a small update. I had to solve the problem with the airducts in the top of the case. Needed to use acrylic because the ducts will to guide the air to the outakes on top of the case, but the acrylic is transparant, so when you have a close look through the openings of the outtakes, you would be able to see through. So there where the MeshX has to come in.

Also had to fabricate some aluminium pieces to mount the harddiskbox.

It's not finished yet, need to drill a hole to attach the springs to the mountingpoints. I'm working hard to close all the sides of the case. Hope I can show you a closed case in a few weeks.