Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

The case is almost ready for the paintjob, but that will have to wait till after my 6 week vacation. The ducts will have to be sealed with a rubber strip to prevent air escaping to the wrong compartments.

The holes in the bottom of the case, drilled for the dustfilter, will also be used to keep the duct in place. Don't have bolts that are long enough so I can't finish it right now. I want to drill some holes in the aluminium profile and when I tighten these bolts the profile will pull the duct onto the rubber strips.

Started working on some details. Because I don't like the side of a normal fan I decided to make some sort of hosing for the fan that will be placed in the back of the case. I started with a small strip of acrylic. This acrylic needs to be bend. Used some mdf and some copper pipes to bend the piece.

The piece of acrylic just needs to be shortened a bit and then it can be glued.

Time to glue the frosted acrylic lid onto the black acrylic.

Will have to wait till the glue has hardened, before I can start cuttin a hole in the frosted acrylic for the fan.

The combination of black and white will be used quite often in this case.

After a few hours of filing the fan with black acrylic ring around it, fits in the fanbox.

I think this wil be one of my last updates before my 6 week vacation. Hope to get some information from a company that is specialized in painting polyester before I leave the Netherlands for a warmer place, because the case is almost ready for a paintjob.

Yep back home again. Australia and New Zealand are so beautiful. Seen so many places and have done so many things I wanted to do

I've done a lot of things since I'm back from my vacation, but the thing is it just was not interesting for an update. Just because I had to make three or for of the same parts, parts that I already showed in previous posts.

But now I can show some new stuff, not much, but it is something new. First of all I almost finished two dustfilters, only need to clean, sand and polish them.
    Drilled two holes in the acrylic and tapped the hole. Cut of the heads of some bolts and placed those in the holes. These metal pins that stick out need to keep the acrylic piece, that comes on top, in place.

The top, filter material and bottom.

And this is where the filters will be placed, I can slide them in there. This is the bottom of the case, underneath.

From these intakes the air will be guided through airducts. On the left you can see the holes without the airduct and on the right you can see the airduct in place.

This is how I mounted the airduct, just tighten the bolts and the aluminium profile pulls the airduct onto the rubber seal.

Also did some detailwork. Something that will be mounted on the backside of the case.

This will be the airoutlet on the back of the case. The frosted acrylic will give a pretty cool effect when the light from the orange fan is on. Used I torch to give you a bit of an impression.

I just love Australia, if I could find a job over there I would book a flight for tomorrow.

A very small update today. I had to mount the fanhousings and didn't want the bolts to be visible. This is what I came up with. I glued two pieces of acrylic (5mm.) together and cut a triangle from this piece. To make it fit I rounded one corner, so I could glue it in the corner, on the inside, of the fanhousing.

After this I drilled a hole in these pieces of acrylic and tapped it. Attached it with two bolts to the aluminium panel. You can see the two bolts above the airducts.

A view from the side.

and from another angle. The compartment with the airduct will not be visible when this case is finished, only the side with the fanhousing will.

Send you a PM mofo.

Working on some more dustfilters. I don't want the dust to reach the radiators or even get into the ducts. So I will need dustfilters for the intakes on the sidepanels. I'm talking about these guys.

This is what I came up with.

I integrated the frosted white intake grill. Used some pieces of acrylic to raise it a bit. Glued it onto the grill and mounted it from behind with some bolts, not visible in when mounted.

All parts joint.

This part will be mounted in here, so from the back of the intake.

Not ready yet, still need to make something that keeps this thing in place.

I will take a picture from my G1/4 tap for you and it is just b4i7 told you. Just drill a hole, slightly smaller then the tap and turn the tap into the hole. The tap cuts a thread into the material and pulls itself to the other side of the material.

This one is a G1/4 tap and has to be done in two steps. The one in the picture is the first one.

The four dustfilters for the sidepanels are in place now.
    From the back (inside from the case)

and with the acrylic duct mounted.

The sidepanel from the other side.

Thanks. I'm very happy with the result and the case is really starting to shape up now.

Waiting for some frosted and orange acrylic now. Can only work on some small details next week.

I don't think this case will take part in a competition.

I started to work on some more detailwork. I received some sheets of orange acrylic. Frosted orange, fluor orange and just normal orange and that's what I started to work with on the windows of the sidepanels. I cut some rings that follow the outline of the windows.

This is just the start. I just can't keep things simple. I will use some frosted white acrylic as well. Hope to show you guys some more coming weekend.