Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

The window is starting to shape up now. Made two pieces of frosted acrylic. These are slightly wider on the inside of the window then the orange acrylic. Drilled 6 holes and tapped them.

The orange acrylic is mounted on the outside and the frosted white ones on the inside of the sidepanel.

WIll have to wait for some transparant acrylic from my sponsor AC Ryan to finish the windows.

I added the frosted white acrylic with a reason ofcourse. The reason is that it will use some leds to make it stand out.

Haven't had much time to work on the case the last couple of weeks.
    I know many people like to see coloured lights in a casemod, so I bought 250 orange leds. Don't think I will use all of them, but they were cheap and will always come in handy.
    I like to see the case without any colour, just with "warm" white light. So I bought another 300 white leds. So white light for me and orange for the people that like colour. With some switches I can turn on and off different groups of leds. The switches will be mounted on the backside of the case, but I wanted to keep it in the same style. I used the outtake on the back of the case as a reference. Talking about this outtake.

And this is what I came up with.

Thanks for the compliments.
    Today I just want to post some pictures without tellling you guys what it is.

All these pieces are parts of a bigger piece.

It is starting to shape up now, but I still need to do much work on this thing. Maybe I'm just starting to go crazy, to put in so much hours in this part, because it will only be one very small detail in the case.

Received some materials from AC Ryan, thanks Dennis from AC Ryan.
    SO it was time to finish the windows. Still needed to close them with transparant acrylic. It was quite a job to get these things to fit into the orange rings. Here you can seen the transparant window.

And this is the window from the backside of the sidepanel.

Also did some work on the reservoirs. I wanted to keep them in the same style as the windows. So I made some parts from orange and frosted acrylic.

The white frosted acrylic ring will be glued into the reservoir itself.

The orange ring will be mounted onto the polyester lid.

Made some holes for the reservoirs in the lid.

and with the reservoirs in place.

I will use some tubes to get some wires for the LEDs, from the bottom of the case to the back.

As you can see the part I was working on a while ago isn't a fangrill. I filled the gaps with some frosted acrylic and it these spots will spread some light into the case.

I use Acrifix 192 to glue acrylic.

Applied the first layer of primer and now it's easy to see where I need to add some more bondo. I'm still not satisfied with the result.

Most of the flat parts are finished now and ready for paint, but the parts like the inakes still need some more bondo and sanding.

Received the first hardware. Because it took me so long to build this case I needed to change the hardware. The old hardware hasn't been thrown away. It's all being used in another computer that I build for my dad.
    The new hardware: a Asus Striker II extreme, a 900 watt Tagan powersupply and 2 GB Corsair ddr3 Dominator memory.

I need to decide whether I will use the watercooling block on the motherboard. Still not sure, because it looks very flow restrictive. The blue on the Corsair Dominator fans will need to be removed to match my color scheme.

Don't know, I didn't test the RAM cooler yet. I can always slow them a bit with a resistor.

Today I test fitted some of the hardware.

No problems so far. On the other side of the case I will mount the 3 harddisks, one Velociraptor 300 GB and two Samsung 1 TB Spinpoints. I need a rack for the harddisks. The rack needs to slide into the harddisk housing with the springs.

Thanks guys and yes the videocard will be watercooled. I'm even thinking about adding a second pump for a second loop to watercool the mosfets, NB and SB with EKwaterblocks.

I made a simple housing to mount the harddisks. Just two plates of aluminium and acrylic.

Now it's time to place the harddisks into the harddisk box, the box with the RC shocks. To prevent the harddisk from sliding in the box I glued some acrylic onto the bottom and to, some sort of rail.

The harddisks slide in between the acrylic rail and are being stopped at the end by another piece of acrylic.

From the backside of the case I can slide the harddisk into the box.

To prevent the harddisk from sliding out again I made something else. Just two acrylic blocks glued onto the acrylic that will cover the backside of the box.

The acrylic will be mounted with 4 small bolts.

Need to mount the logo, at the moment it's being kept in place with some sticky tape and need to add some leds on the backside of the logo, so from inside the harddiskbox.

Before I start working on the watercooling I needed to test my hardware, but not before I mounted some leds in the harddisk box. I used 18 leds and these leds will shine on the back of the FJW logo. I used some acrylic to guide the wires a bit.

I needed enough clearance for the harddisk holder, because it needs to slide into the box. On the right side you can see there enough room between the wires/leds and the harddisks.

The top of the box is mounted with small hexheaded bolts and not glued, because I need to be able to reach the leds in case a led dies and needs to be replaced. The blue you see is from the Tagan powersupply, I need to replace those leds with white ones ofcourse.

To test the hardware I installed Windows on the Velociraptor harddisk. No problems at all, so I'm ready for the next step, the watercooling setup.