Thread: Looking for suggestions

Fresh Paint

Default Looking for suggestions

So, I've tried modding by starting with cables and lighting. The sleeving looks kinda rough and I plan on doing it over when I get a new, slightly larger case next week. As you can see, I've gone with UV with one cold cathode on top and bottom and using blue and green. The one fan cable will be sleeved as well (just got it).

I'm looking for suggestions for getting more UV reactive stuff in there. I know water cooling would be an option but it's just unnecessary for my build and the price is off putting to me.

After searching around, I'm thinking about a couple led strips to get more lighting in the case and maybe adding a couple UV fans to the Evo cooler. Otherwise I'm stuck. Help a fellow out?

Edit: Here's the case I'm getting. All red will be replaced for blue and green.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119240

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for suggestions

I used the same case (your current) in my dad's rig.

Your new case will give you the one thing that every mod needs and that your current case lacks. CABLE MANAGMENT!! There seem to be lots of cable management holes so you can hide the majority of them.

Watercooling is wicked fun and uber addicting. You can get a decent CPU kit for under or around $150. You can fit a 240 rad in the top of the case and a 120 rad on the back. Maybe even one in the front. (too hard to tell from the pictures). You can use some UV liquid but be careful what you use. Write us before you buy.

If you stay air cooled just find some nice LED fans that work well for air cooling. Watercooling will require different fans.

SUGGESTION:
    In the Storm Enforcer you could remove the HDD cage, ( You still have room for 2 3.5" HDDs and 2 SSDs or 2.5"HDDs) and then you could make a midplate to cover all that and the PSU. Then mount a MCP350 pump with like a XSPC res that attches to the pump in that void. That will make everything look SUPER clean and will be a great and easy mod.

Hope I helped some and welcome to the forums!

Planning. Come up with an overall theme. Colors, materials, etc. Add anything to your case that follows the theme. Eliminate anything that doesn't. Build up layers of detail. A great mod is more than just some lights in a case or adding a few off the shelf components. Experiment, play with it, and have fun.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Fresh Paint

I kinda like the haphazard "tubing" look but it's getting out of hand so I'm looking forward to cleaning it up in the new case. Still not sure about liquid cooling at this point, but I'll see if I can find a cpu kit in that $150 price range. So far, all I've seen are the rather bland looking ones on Newegg for around $60-100.

The reason I tend to look at off the shelf stuff is because of budget and time limits. Family and kids take precedent in both areas lol.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

This is a good kit.
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=30187
    Its sold out because it is such a hot product.

You could buy a 2nd hand kit from some of the bigger forums because not many ppl sell WC gear on here. I've got lots of parts for 1/2 the retail price and they are pretty new.