Thread: Reason to check your fans, grilles or radiators periodically

Custom Title Honors

Default Reason to check your fans, grilles or radiators periodically

Especially if it sits on the floor.

I cleaned my pc yesterday after neglecting it for at least a couple months. (It was probably more but I can't remember that far and want to make myself feel better, so go with it. lol)

I already vacuumed the front grille which needs to be done once a week. We're not dirty people, I swear. lol

WARNING: Some pictures below are not for the faint of heart. Viewer discretion is advised.

Front view. I had already cleaned the bottom fan and drive cage. Dirtyness is on top fan and drive cage

GPU-Board side. Dust Bunnies galore!

GPU-Cooler side. Eww

CPU-Rad. Don't look behind the fan.

CPU-Rad. You looked behind the fan! Where's my mask?! And... how did this even keep the CPU cool?!

Ahh, now that we're all dirty. Time for the clean shots.

CPU-RAD. I can breathe again!

Side view.

GPU side veiw.
    Added the 8800GS (middle card directly behind "SLI" on sli bridge) for physx and possibly F@H

Front view. No grille. All clean without flash.

Front view. With grille. All clean with flash.

Hope this will at least encourage others to at least check their pc's more then "once in a while" for airflow blockage. Even with filters, the dust and crap will still find a way. Just look at my hard drive cages. Those are after a filter.

Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Reason to check your fans, grilles or radiators periodically

but all that dust keeps things warm and fuzzy inside. now your computer probably feels all necked and embarrassed!

i'm skeered to look at mine when i swap cases.

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Reason to check your fans, grilles or radiators periodically

Lol, warm and fuzzy indeed but I think the pc would like to breathe. lol I'll let it feel all necked and embarrassed if it keeps it from getting a fever. lol

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::