Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PC-Beto

Default PC-Beto

whats up TBCS! IM BACK

and its time again!

PC-Beto

A big thanks goes out to the sponsors that have helped me out with hardware for this mod!

lets jump right into it. as usual i am modding an old used case!

the inspiration?

the case, and plans.
    im going to watercool the system with a 3*140 mm radiator in front, and two pumps. as seen on the pics, the case is devided in 2 sections. the frame is going to be powdercoated in matte black.

this is some of the evelopment of the cad drawings i made. the big round one on the left is going to be a window.

and the finished drawings. the top drawings is going to be cut in foil, and the bottom one in green acrylic. since ac-ryan didnt reply on my mails, I found the same acrylic that they uses (for 1/4 the price) and will be using that.

finished middle plate

the middle plate is going to be bend around the frame, to give a smoother look

the little room in the top will be sealed off, and most likely used for 2 harddrives.

close up of the rad hole in the front

on this pic, the foil looks quite thick, but it wont be

the motherboard tray (yes, that old bucket have a removeable mobo tray!) is going to be made of 2 pieces of acrylic. black and green, and will look like this

for pumps holders, i designed a bracket, that will fit on 140 mm fans to hold the ddc pumps. with rubber grommets, theese should reduce vibrations too, and the cold air from the fans will cool them down a bit.

close up of the bracket.

hardware is yet to be decided. but for watercooling i will go for theese 2 for certain

2 ddc pumps
    HWLabs black ice gtx 420 radiator

soo.. hoped you enjoyd this little start of my new project though it almost only consists of renders. more WILL come. (already got a lil´ testplate cut out to play with )

-p0Pe
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Default Re: PC-Beto

triple post

just to prove that this aint an imaginary project, here is some minor progress lol!
    a test plate. the blue acrylic will be green of course, and the foil will have much more pattern in the final version

watercooling gear and mobo tray cut out next weekend

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

QUAD POST! you are awfully silent inhere guess you want progress as you will

UPDATE!
    First of all, thanks to Noiseblocker for sending me some fans to work with! More details and pictures about these fans can be found later on www.itrends.dk

I had to cut a lot of the case away, to make room for the massive HWLabs 420 mm radiator

This was the piece in the front that was cut off

I left a little ”hinge” for the radiator to support to, so the acrylic plate in front wasn’t carrying the whole thing alone.

This is the case in its VERY naked state. The little piece between the two sides on the front is going to be cut away too, since it’s visible through the front

And then there is this little piece, and again the piece described above

Rivets mutilated!

And then I went Mohawk with my dremel to Guns & roses on the mp3!

The cutout

I made a cut with a wide of 15.5 cm, since the radiator was written to be 15.3 on HWLabs hp. I discovered that it was in fact 15.4, so it was a tight fit!

The support for the motherboard tray was also removed, since it needed to be cut down to size.

Note all the dust and dirt… that’s where it sat lol

And here is the radiator passing through the middle plate again. I put two temperature sensors on the radiator, but these will most likely be moved to other places duo the fact that the radiator will be hot most of the time, and readings will then be flawed.

As planned is only two 5.25” bays available, and these are already cut down to size.

I got the first test plate cut out to see if everything was according to plan, and every single measurement was SPOT ON! The results of many hours of work with the ruler please note that this plate is ONLY for testing purpose. The finished plate will be cut in Green acrylic, and the foil will have more patterns, as you see in the drawings in update 1.

You can here see where I did the mounting of the front panel. These bolts will be cut down to size, and foil will be over the holes so you won’t be able to see this on the finished plate.

You can see on this pic, that the metal behind have not been cut yet.

And on these two you can see how the mounting will be done.

I changed the layout of the components a little bit, so that the psu stands vertically, with the pump/reservoir by its side. This makes the brackets I made for the 140 mm fans useless. But hey, at least they looked cool xD

This puny corsair psu will suffer the space for this one that will be in my mailbox today if everything goes well!

I am going to route the cables on a way that I don’t recall ever seeing on any modding forum, so this is what I am putting most of my time on at the moment! So stay tuned for that in future updates!

I also got a package from www.noiseblocker.de that was kind enough to send some of the ULTRA hot fans for this project! More pics of these will come later on! You guys should really check their site and products out.

As you can see of the picture of the giant radiator, I already got most of the water cooling gear from www.coolbits.dk ! Huge thanks for the support is appropriate.

The pump choice fell on a Laing ddc 3.2 18W pump.

Seconds later

And internals (flipped upside down)

Shortly after, the stock top was replaced with the EK V.2 top, along with a koolance male-male fitting, that allows me to put something on the pump :O what could that be :/
    This will later on be changed for a black bitspower version!

So what could I place above that pump? How about one of the Jon Lund reservoirs!

The black color is IMO spot on, and with the XFX green psu fan behind it, this will look DOPE!

Normally a Lund reservoir comes with a G3/8 inlet hole in the top, but he offered to make a custom reservoir for this mod, which needed to be a bit shorter, and have a longer inlet tube, so that the flow won’t go Mohawk in the res.

That’s all for this time fokes! Stay tuned for more but until then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

i think its MEAN!

took some pics of the fans noiseblocker sent me to test on this build

((NB)) pron!

XK2 & PK3

PK3

PK3´s versus HWLabs 420

multiframe

and look at this bundle that comes with the PK series!!!

also comes with an optional rubber band around the fan.

more to come just mounted 2 of the 120 mm versions to a noctua something something cooler inside a antec p193, and it looks EVIL! cant wait to show you guys!

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

thanks and yeah, thoose fans are deadly hot! and really move some air xD

a small update, decied to change the side window. worked on an idea FrooP gave me for the design, and came out with this:

thoughts?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Sooo, after a lot of measures, and hours in front of the computer i finally got the front plate cut out.

My last attempt at bending the test front plate failed big time, so i used an akrylic bending machine. Say hello to Bender!

Bender works by heating up a small area of the acrylic, and you can then put the acrylic into the 90 degree angle you see in the front of the machine.

Cold water is running trough this thing, so that the plate cools down relatively fast.

And KAZAM! Like a glove!

Now, next machine to have a little quality time with is this one:

It cuts the foil out, like a bunny on crack! I made a little vide wich you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbDg-VKU30

And here you see the foil. The middle is being cut in hand with a hobby knife.

Can anyone guess which of the plates i am using for PC-Beto?

Aplying the foil to the acrylic.

And the sides got cut out, and foil was put on them too!

And i had to cut the center out by hand.

The hardest thing was the tiny letters in the pc-beto

And the result!

And when put on the frame:

And look at this tight bend

The other side

From the inside. Remember that the frame is going to be powder coated!

And the new PSU plate that makes the psu stand vertically.

Thats all for this time More will come, and i have a nice surprise stored for you! just need to get some parts home before i will share that
    And if you dont +rep me for this, you cant be satisfied

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

thank you all its nice to hear that i aint the only one loving how its going

x88x, the machines is in a workshop at a friend of mines. they make signs and stuff

i made a little video with some of the cutting progress. how do you like it?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

thanks a lot man!
    here is some progress of me cutting for cable manegement. even though this mod has used a lot of cnc, my trusty dremel is still on work!

oh, and btw! thanks to my new sponsor www.matronics.dk ! the package they send me is will make some awesome light for the case

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

IM AN UNCLE!
    sort of xD

My sister and her BF just picked up their new dog yesterday a 2 years old english bulldog!

Aint she a beauty!
    everybody, meet lulu!

Lulu likes candy, but cant have it

Stay tuned

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

soon

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]