Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best MMORTS?

Default Re: Best MMORTS?

So I've been working on my Castle in Stronghold Kingdoms. That little wooden construction in the very center? That's what you start out with. Walls, towers, gates, barracks, etc. are up to you to build. Each thing takes quite a bit of resources and time, increasing as you go along.

Edit: All of these pictures are with the "walls down mode", so you can see everything. I'll show you the final picture with the walls up and down so you can get an actual view of everything.

This is what I had about a week ago. Normally your barracks are tents, but I've upgraded mine into actual buildings. Took quite a few points though, but I use them as extra strong walls so it ended up being kind of worth it. (buildings are tougher than walls). I went from Tent to Wooden Buildings and then to Stone Buildings (which are stronger than stone walls). Two more points and I could have Iron Bound Buildings, but I'm leveling pretty slow now (3 points per level) and so the points are coming in much slower, so it isn't worth it. I've already spent too many points into things I shouldn't have. lol

Edit: The opaque buildings are "in progress".

Now jump forward about half a week of playing this game a bit too obsessively and I now have mostly stone structuring. The things around the parameter are "lookout towers". You can get better towers, but again, low on points so... yeah... I have other things to research into. Anyways, they provide more defense for your archers and can hold 4 archers each. What you see in this picture took 2 days to finish building... Patience is a virtue apparently.

Edit: The little squares you see on the inside of the moat that are spaced intermittently are killing pits. You can place troops on them and it helps kill enemy troops if they walk on them. Best yet... they can't see them until they do walk on them. I plan on putting those all the way around eventually.

This is what I have as of right now. I actually have 4 days left on the build time. This is just the finished product view. Take away most of the towers and half the walls and that's what I technically have right now.

And with the walls up...

Here is my Parishes Capital Building, which is basically my area's main castle and my area's liege lord. We... have slightly different approaches to the game apparently. lol

Keep in mind this is all just one aspect of the game. You have other tabs which display the world map, your village, etc. But when someone attacks you, this is what they're attacking and vise versa.

Edit: His castle is better, by the way. That's the funny thing. But it's only because he has a ridiculous amount of archers. Mine will be a hundred times better once I get many more archers. But yeah... if someone attacks me right now it's going to hurt. If someone attacks him they aren't even going to make it to the walls. lol

Default Re: Best MMORTS?

I like military MMORTS's. They are so entertaining and thrilling. I spent countless hours on those games.
    Please read the TOC regarding links in signatures.