Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: Aquarius

Default Re: Project: Aquarius

Looks promising... moving panels and stuff, nice idea with that aluminium top as well.

Oh, and looking for that dremel right now, i think i need 1 of those
    My TBCS worklogs:

HTPC Onkyo look(active!)
    Alien Hospital(on hold) - Chemical Industrial(finished) - Cosmod(finished)
    Other finished projects:
    I-spider - Chemical Overdose - The Praetorian

That bend came out excellent! How did you do that?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Projects really coming along, Looks really good so far. How do you plan on avoiding kinks in the tubing when you open the front panel?

Wanted to let everyone know that the project is still alive. We have made a lot of progress on it. We were delayed by the company move, which took almost 2 months.

This is more of a teaser as a "proof of life" thing. I'll get more detailed soon.

As you can see there is a TON of sleeving to do still. We're finishing up the Electronics part which will control the servos and remote control system. Then we have to sleeve all of the temperature monitor wires once we get most of the components in place.
    Here's to praying that all of these wires will fit in.

What did you paint the heatsyncs with?

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Progress nice!

Very nice work so far! I too need one of those saws...unfortunately, the list of things I "need" is pretty long right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    That bend came out excellent! How did you do that?
    I second this. I'm guessing you have a brake and experience, but it would be so much cooler if that was a product of homebrew shenanigans.

I also love the videos! Keep 'em coming.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

@stoner/ We used a standard Fluorescent green aerosol available at Home Depot for around 7 bucks.

Ok here we go with some more substantial updates and news. Finally.

We have started assembly and have gotten pretty far. We got all the fans painted and back together.

This was just the second coat. You can notice the different types of fans. This was intentional. Some of the positions of particular fans required different specs of fan. some PWM, some 800 RPM, etc. All besides 2 fans in the entire system will be controlled by Crystalfontz's CFA735

Once those dried we got them in place on the top Black Ice GTX 480 HardwareLabs Radiator

We also got 2 more fans put in the front radiator, a HardwareLabs Pro II XFLOW

If you notice on the bottom right of the 240, we crafted a custom manifold so we could route the flexible tubing through the front with enough slack to allow the door to be functional while the system was in use.

I temporarily placed the only 2 hotswap drive bays for the upper system, once we crafted a protective and decorative plate over the back of it. These 2 bays will be the only open bays for the upper system. Rest is taken up by monitor, the 735 controller and water pump behind them.

Dennie is busy making some really fancy Fan Header manifolds so we can run each "sector" as one fan, then control it with the CFA735. I'll have some shots of those later this week.

So I got started on the fan grill that I'll be cutting our with a design. We're not 100% set on the design yet, but we do know it has to flow well with the design and be able to match one the 120mm and 240mm radiators.

The radiator in this picture is of course HardwareLabs GTX120 Gen 2 XTREME slightly marred from me sliding rough sheets of aluminum across it for fit testing. Both this one and the 240 are set up for Push/Pull configuration. The 480 is just set up for Pull. Mostly due to space restraints. I would have liked to have added 4 more fans to the 480 but we are flat out of room in this giant case.

Here is a glory (or not) shot of the front. Mostly for preservation as a before and after shot later when we're done.

We're still trying to source three NVIDIA 670 waterblocks, with them being so new and i guess not that popular among enthusiasts, there are only a couple people crafting them at the moment. We have time though as we still have another 50 feet or so of sleeving to do on top of everything else.
    I think we were a bit too rambunctious in the beginning and are trying to put too much inside what we thought was a big enough case. Which in reality, the Fusion 4000, as good as it is, is more than enough for most people. We just wanted to push this one way over the top. Let us know if you think we are... over the top that is.

On a side note, stop by our place, http://www.deviceunknown.com and register. We are almost always giving away these product samples we get in for reviews either in our forums or on Facebook and would like to strengthen our community on the US side.

Thanks guys we'll talk to you again soon.

And haven't experienced any issues with heat dissipation after painting?

Hmmmm so much lovely green.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Ok I'm ready to see this loop now!