Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build

Update !

This i think you guys will like.This is an old piece of metal that most people would just walk over or throw in the trash.But to me its a beautiful thing and i will show you why.

Here is that beautiful piece of Metal i was talking about!

I looked everywhere for a nice looking holder to hold 2 10 inch EK-Multioption X2 Advanced reservoirs one in front of the other.All i could find was side by side mount and none that really looked all that great in my opinion so it was off to my buddies house to play with the Bridgeport and made my own. This isn't completely polished yet or finished ,and i wont do that till i am closer to the end of the build so i don't scratch it up after spending hours wet sanding and buffing it. It looks really good just as it is now i did a little sanding and could be used just as it is but i want it to match the Nickel in the rest of the Build.

Hope you enjoy it this just shows what you can do with an old piece of scrap metal.

More updates soon believe me i have had this build together and apart a ton of times so far but not posting allot of it because its just measuring and decision making.

Keep Watching More Updates Very Soon!

ATX Mental Case

"UPDATE"

Really had trouble posting this update do to confusing people or people getting the wrong idea. Please use the only as a Reference shot only.I am only showing the reservoir mounting and pump mounting in this picture.Everything is just sitting in place.The 5.25 bays are going to be totally reworked still. The reservoirs are just stiffing there with a Bungie holding them balanced for measurements.The inside of the Case will be painted and don't to match the final theme and tons tons more.Also i had to remove the Fans for this shot do to NDA i am under on them and please don't ask anything about them because i cannot answer.

I am just posting this to let you guys see this build goes together and apart roughly every day to do more work to the case and is far far from completed. Hope you enjoy the pictures.And take them for what they are Just a Reference point of the build:

Once i receive the PSU for the build it will start really coming together.Allot of measurements are needed from the PSU and whats being done to it before i go can really get moving on the project.

Here the Reference only Shots are: (So you guys can see Progress has been being Made:

And in case you missed it before .The home made Reservoir brackets . Also not complete, might do a design patter on them and still need to polish them to match the Nickel.

Before:

After:

Also the 2 EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump's) which are 800L / hour are mounted in this cage hard lined right to the Reservoirs. But like i said still tons of work to do with the Cages,They will look nothing like they do now and will have great airflow through them also when finished.

As usual i forgot to take a Photo after i cut it and Put the pumps in but i will edit this post when i have them back out again soon or will add it to a new update since so much is going to be done to the 5.25 trays anyway.But i did mark out where i cut it so far to fit the 2 pumps.

And also i would like to Thank EK for Sponsoring the Pumps,Brackets and basically both the dual loop setups for this build.Along with some swag also like cup holder full sleeve shirt and some other great stuff. Great company and they also have allot into this build.

Here are a Link to the Pumps and the brackets Plus the Specs of the Pumps:Also a shot of me Proudly Sporting the shirt they gave me. Even though i am way overtired in the picture and look like hell.I will post it.

2 EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump's)

Model: EK-DCP 4.0
    Rated voltage: DC12V +/-10%
    Starting voltage: DC 8V above
    Power Consumption: 18W +/-10%
    Load current: 1.8A +/-10%
    Q-max: 800 L/hr +/-10%
    H-max.: 4m +/-10%
    Size: 75 x 54 x 66mm
    Life Expectancy: 50000/hrs at 25°
    Noise: 24.5 dB
    Weight: 670g

Enclosed:
    1 × EK-DCP Pump
    1 x Anti-vibration Pad
    1 x 3pin to 4pin Cord
    2x Brackets

Link to them here: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/pu...v-dc-pump.html

And me looking horrible. but still Sporting there Shirt to show my appreciation towards them.I wear all my Sponsors Shirts and you will most likely see all of them by the end of the build,Actually i think this is the first Photo of me without a Respirator on or hiding myself :

Lol sorry i look so Terrible. but oh well i shared it with you guys anyway:

And of Course more "UPDATE's" very Soon!

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE!

Ok, I have been holding off on this update for a while now because this Company and the owner does so much for me. The sponsorship i have with them is a bit different then a regular sponsorship. I actually belong to a team of a few Modder's that they sponsor.I also got on their team i guess you would say before this build came about.

I cant even begin to explain what they have done for me and mainly the owner himself between moral support help with projects and basically any help i need .Not to mention support when my father in law passed away last week.All i can say is one hell of a company and one hell of a guy personally.

Ok to start with,They sponsored me a bunch of tubing for for my current builds and any other builds just to make sure i have different colors i may need.So this is what they sent and i Thank them for having me on their team and just for everything.

Here are some of the things they Helped me with:

Help with Covering the Sponsored Thread Fee's

Tubing

Also they helped me make this which is my new update

I sent them this which was the only way i knew how to draw something up:

[B ]And as you can see he taught me the correct way to draw it up:[/B]

Also they Supplied the Materials which is a Black Acrylic that matches the case perfect. And did the Laser Cutting for me.I had them do it to a shape bigger then i needed so i could actually finish making it from my house but having them Laser cut the Louvers makes it so much smoother and even then i could ever do by hand, since they all have to be the same size exact to fit together. Not sure yet if i am just going to have them stay open or actually get into making them open in close right now since there is so much to do still.

Here is what the Louvers sorta Look Like. This is in very Raw state and i need to make the hinges and cut it to fit.Right now i just have some fittings holding them up a little so you can get the idea.I love how it came out and was exactly the look i was going for.

Hope you guys Like it, because i really do.

Keep in mind this is just sitting there on compression fittings and not Lined up or cut at all . Also it has a protective blue layer over it.I really think this is going to help make this build look incredible.

Take care Guys and Thanks for watching

MybadOmen

And More Updates Shortly!

ATX Mental Case

Just wanted to show you guys what i picked up today. I have been dying to get one of these and i have always used the Generic ones until now!

This DREMEL absolutely takes the cake for Modding and i am so excited to own one. Just to be clear i am not Sponsored by Dremel and got this on my own! But i still love showing off anything that is great from any company that i love and this is one of them.

The DREMEL 3000 Insane Modding tool. As well as there other Accessories and tools which i plan on slowly getting attachments for mine!

And here is the Tool i went with which is probably the most used tool in Modding Custom PC's or anything for that matter.

The DREMEL 3000

And a small Unboxing

Some bits and wheels come with it :

Also Grabbed an Attachment book so i can get some new attachments soon:

Absolutely Amazing tool the DREMEL 3000 is and i cant wait to get chopping away with it.I have used the same one many times but just never had my own.So as you can imagine i am excited beyond belief!

I cant even express how Highly i recommend a DREMEL 3000 to anyone Modding PC's or anything like what we do.Or you can do what i have been doing and thats buying cheap ones and replacing them after every build! Those days are finally over .WOOT!

For more info on DREMEL see their website here : http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

Figured i would show this since you guys are waiting to see more Updates and this gives you something to look at till then.

Now off the Start chopping Stuff up [/B]

More Updates Shortly !

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE !

Ok as you may know from earlier posts and Updates i ordered the EK XTC 420 AND 280 Radiators knowing they don't fit in the Switch 810. But thats the way i wanted it.The Radiators are incredible and no matter what was needed they were going in. So this Update shows how i got the top EK XTC 420 up top.

Once again thank you EKWB for your support and Sponsorship.

Ok lets get started !

Here is the Radiator and Fan Setup for Loop 1. As you can see its enormous and it will be inside the Case.On top of that the EK XTC 420 doesn't match the hole patterns on the NZXT Switch 810. So as you can imagine there was allot of work to do here and did it all with my tools at home which made it allot bigger of a job.

The EK XTC 420 & x6 NZXT FZ 140mm Airflow Fans in Push/Pull Configuration :

Now i start making a new plate to hold all the weight and with the correct hole Pattern using some pretty rugged steel:

As i said before, and i will say it again Always wear Safety Glasses like the ones i have here which are an incredible Pait and very affordable from Mnpctech.com

Smith & Wesson Safety Glasses i am always using can be found here: http://www.mnpctech.com/Safetyglasses.html

Also Please DO NOT take your Safety Shields off your tools like i do. It is a very dumb idea and i shouldn't be doing it myself.Its a real easy way to hurt yourself fast.

Well that parts done and out of the way.

I purposely showed the tools i used so you could get an idea of what i Mod with. A few tools and your on your way to Modding anything.

My Favorite tools i would have to be is My RotoZip and Second my DREMEL. Without them i wouldn't be able to do much at all.

More Update's Very Soon ! Keep Watching.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Looking good.

This is Fantastic!! wow, you have some serious talent, and you have some great sponsors.. like I said in a different thread, I love video game themed builds.. this one is looking to be a serious gaming beast, i love the hardware and the water cooling plans.. I cant wait for more.
    being that im new to modding, ( have built plenty of gaming pc's, but never modded anything) i was just thinking how cool it would be to be able to hang out with, and help out ( in an apprentice sort of way) with a modder for the duration of a build. would be a great way to learn and get experience..
    anyone in the Philly area let me know.

ATX Mental Case

Getting so Excited now !

Got tons of work done last few Days and gets getting so close to getting this thing up and running and starting on the Theme!

There will be updates soon but i don't want to show the updates until they are somewhat complete. But it involved allot of cutting!

Take Care and keep checking back.

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE!

OK i don't want to keep you guys waiting for updates so i will post some of what i have been doing.

Alright first we will start by looking at the begging of one of the biggest things i am doing to this build which is trying to have the tubing running along both sides of the top of the case on the inside of the cover but where they can still be seen from outside the case. This little idea has been very complicated with many obstacles to get past. Still not completed but here is where i left off on that till more parts arrive.

As you can see from this Picture there is no chance of the cover fitting on over the fittings.

So using this crazy dangerous tool.I made some adjustments to the top of the case to make it work.

Nice cozy fit now!

Next for some 5.25 Bay work.This is where tons of work has been done and still has to be done to make a dual loop in this build and end up very clean looking.

Here are the stock drive bays in the NZXT Switch 810.Nice but this is just not going to work for me.

There are a few things that need to be modded here.I need better airflow to to top Rad front fan because the XTC rad is so thick it comes very close to the top cage inside. The other thing is i need places opened up so the tubing can actually run through all these bays.And also the Pumps are going to be mounted inside the bays as well.And there are a few more reasons i cant remeber right this second but anyway everything needed a bunch of modding in the Drive area:

Everything at this point is still just in rough state.It will all get cleaned up and painted when i know all measurements are right and everything fits.

Here are some Photo's of things starting to get pretty.

3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber Sponsored by Mnpctech.com.

You can get some from his store and its amazing stuff! Link is here for it : http://www.mnpctech.com/CarbonFiber_..._Titanium.html

Now to dress up my new Pump Cage i suppose you could call it: It's Aluminum i am using and it will be Polished to look like the rest of the Nickel in the build and will be finished off with Black Rivets.

Also a small fan update.I thought i was really in a rough situation when i heard the blades don't come off the NZXT FZ Series fans.So i went in to investigate the situation, prepared to sacrifice a fan to find out what the deal was.Anyway the conclusion of it all was the fan blades can simply be popped off and on carefully and i can still get them painted.

Here was the investigating part:

Next i tested my theory which was there should be no reason i cant just pop the blades off and back on.It worked!

Sorry for the long wait that time for Updates guys but i hope it was worth it. There is still tons to do be done to the drive bays but i wanted to update you guys with some of whats been going on.

More Updates Shortly so Keep watching!

MybadOmen

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

I really like that res bracket.