Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build

UPDATE!

Thank you so much again for the help and Support for the 4th time EKWB!

If you guys have been following my Build Log you will know i made a huge mistake and ordered the x4 EK Dominator Ram Pelxi Clear Top for my EK Nickel Ram block (6 stick Model).

Well i didn't want to ask for anything else from EK because they already contributed Huge to this build. I exhausted all other routes in trying to find the Top myself in the USA where i live.Or even a Used block for that matter.

Anyway i wont mention his name because i am not sure that is allowed so i will just call him "G Man" for this Post. Anyway he again pulled through and saved my butt by also sponsoring the block. And shipping it all the way from Slovenia with fast shipping on top of that! This block top actually went through Slovenia ,Australia,Germany then Boston USA and then to me . Imagine all that just to help me out.

Here is what they sent this time: (And damn its Beautiful)

Absolutely speechless and had to make an update because this meant so much to me.

So again Thank you so Much "G Man" from EKWB once again you saved the day ! And got me back on Schedule.

If you guys are interested in EKWB and there Products here are some links below:

EKWB's e-Shop (with all their products) : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/

Here is the x4 EK Dominator Ram Top Clear Plexi : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/to...inator-x4.html

And here is the Regular Original EK Dominator Ram Block (6 stick) : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/bl...dominator.html

I know this might seem like a small update but believe me it is a huge update for the build itself to look right.

Also wanted to show how incredible of a company and how great EK's products are. Remember this was all my Fault on asking for the wrong Top to begin with. And still they helped me and sent me the right one.

So please check out there Products if you are looking for very nice water cooling gear!

Take Care, MybadOmen

And as Usual More Updates very soon ! So keep watching , Tell your Friends and just pass it on anyway you can Lol just kidding .Hope you enjoy everything so far guys.

And please tell me if there is something you don't like also!

ATX Mental Case

"UPDATE!"

Installing new EK Clear Plexi Dominator Ram Block Top :

Here is the block before new top:

And here is the block Apart:

Damn look at that Nickel Plating ! How sweet is that!

And finally just what i knew that was missing from the build.The Block with the new Top! It is beautiful if you ask me.

And now when i picture the build in my head done the color looks right. Just look how sweet it looks in there with the other hardware! Now imagine the read and white pastels added.

I LOVE this photo its like my Father in Law and Brother that passed were right there saying "yeah just like that! "(Made me feel very good seeing this Picture)

I am feeling much better about the build today after taking a break.Yesterday my brain was fried from just to much of it and i started thinking everything looked horrible.

Today i think everything is going just right. Still a few battles ahead making things work but besides that i am really digging it.

What do you guys think? Is it looking good ? Or tear it apart and start over

Take Care and as always more Updates very soon. I am going to hammer on this build all week to get as much done as possible. So keep watching closely .I plan on getting to bed early tonight and getting a Clean fresh start in the morning. I should be in bed by 3am and that's very early for me!

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE !

Ok guys i guess i can do a little update of a few things.But they are no were near complete.But it does show what i am working on at the moment!

First off we will start out will a Huge thanks to Primochill / Tyler Industries who has went above and beyond helping with this build and being a great friend.

Anyway i don't want to say his name because i don't think that would be appropriate but is an awesome guy as i stated above

I asked for a few of there Ghost Barbs (which are awesome) for running the tubing through the roof of my Switch 810 and also asked for a few LED G1/4 plugs for my reservoirs.As he always does he sent way more stuff then i asked for.Mostly a bunch of stuff he thinks i would get a kick out of or new products that are coming to the Market soon. Anyway some of the stuff i am about to show you is not available yet but will be in roughly 30 days i was told. I did ask for permission to share them with you guys and he said yes. So that's what i am about to do

He is sending 3 Boxes that i know of Plus something really big non build related (Birthday present) this is one of those boxes but this one he rush delivered to me because he knew i needed the barbs badly to make sure they would work.And they did and they are incredible barbs.

Here is the Box i received today with all sorts of new goodies:

Lol, as you can see he sent allot more then a couple bards and a few LED G1/4 Plugs:

Now we can take a closer look at what we have and i will do my best to explain them because like i said allot of it isn't available to the public yet.But what is i will tell you where you can find there stuff: (I had no idea they made half the stuff they actually make)

These are available to the Public and the are really incredible barbs if thats the route you are heading or you need to fit in a tight spot.These are for 1/2"ID x 3/4"OD Tubing. They are called PrimoChill Tool Free Ghost Fittings.They are very sleek and because i love them so much and never knew they existed i will give a description also of them: (Also remember i asked for a few of them)

Highlights of the New Fittings

Shortened threading to better suit CPU and Video Card block depths, improving flow.
    Removed unneeded wrench flats all together in favor of a much more user friendly tool-free knurling.
    O-ring shoulder made thinner for a shorter fitting overall without sacrificing needed length in the barrel.

Tool-Free Design
    Because you use the ultimate reach-anywhere tool that you never leave home without - your fingers - you can get to a fitting in almost any location inside your case. The knurling allows you to easily grip the fittings and install them "finger-tight" as is recommended by most manufacturers to avoid cracking the block.

Ghost Design
    The tubing nearly covers the entire fitting so it is invisible inside the tubing. Being invisible AND beautiful isn’t easy, but PrimoChill managed it.

They can be found Here:
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=23513

Next I will show the LED G1/4 Plugs. These are very different from others i seen on the market and have bought before.I fell in love with them immediately.Only problem is i don't see them listed anywhere for sale so the might be one of the new products coming out. If you are intereste in them just let me know and i will ask more information on them next time i talk with the company.

LED G1/4 Plugs:

These next things are something to be very excited about! I don't know how many times i ordered LED's already wired or ones that i bought single and tried different resistors just to get a plain looking light.There are 2 different Types here and believe me when i say it. They are Extremely Bright! All these LED's are going to be new products and they are some new bulbs i was told that are the brightest you can get!

Here the single wired bulbs (He sent them with a little box that controls an on off switch and 20 leds can be plugged in.At the moment i am not sure how they will be sold when they do go up for sale)

First off here is the Little box that Controls the Single LED's:

And here is a White Led :

Red Led:

And UV of course :

And here is something i think people are going to go crazy for ! I love them and am most definitely using them somewhere in the Mass Effect build: (The little suckers will blind you if you are not careful and they are the tiniest LED's i ever seen in my life! )

These tiny things run right off the 12 volt yellow and black PSU wires.So i imagine they will be sold with different options for plugs:

Here is the White:

The Red:

And at last the UV:

Lol i know them lights are tiny and the camera takes away some of the effect but OMG are they bright!

Also all the lights were on in my Kitchen when i took these Photo's of the LED's on ! That's how crazy bright they are!

Still tons if stuff on the way from Primochill / Tyler industries.

Hope you guys liked this update and Sneak Peak on some of Primochills upcoming Products .When you get a chance look up Primochill and really look through all the stuff they already have available.I had no idea they Made even Compression Fittings Also!Tons of cool Stuff!

Sorry cant Show any updates on the Build itself right now. I don't want to ruin ant Surprises and the next Update should look really cool . But that again is like everything else.If i manage to pull it off!

Take Care Guys and Keep watching. Things are going to start really getting good soon!!

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

Lol

Had to show you guys this quick video of the kid Andrew Cook (aka) DaFrontlineTrooper that's making the Gun for my Mass Effect 3 build.

(This is not my Gun he is showing but he is making a video of the gun that is going on My Build so keep watching my build log)

This kids a riot and i love the work he does . Check this out. Cool as Hell !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R5hXPFltwr8

Hope you enjoyed it as much as i did.Damn i cant wait to see the Video of the M8 he's making for my Mass Effect build !

"" Keep checking back guys! Getting really close to adding some new Updates! ""

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

"UPDATE"

Wow this build is already over 50,000 views between forums. Thanks so much guys for the support!

If it wasn't for you guys that like my work i don't know if i would work so hard at making each one special for you guys.

I do these builds and Log everything for a few reasons and mostly to help the Modding community grow like the Masters before us like Bill Owen,John Hanlon,Wayne the Bullet Butler and tons more.

And the biggest reason is to help attract more newcomers to the great sport i would call it of Modding/Overclocking.

Thanks everyone so much for everything TBCS,The people who watch my work and like it,People that help me when i need it,and of course all my Sponsors and other companies that help our whole community grow and not die out.

I have a feeling that Modding/Overclocking has only just begun to become big.and its getting time that we have to start stepping up our game and logging everything so the next generation can follow and have people to look up to like we did.

Again Huge thanks to my Current Sponsors:

NZXT :

http://www.nzxt.com/new/

ekwb :

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/

Primochill / Tyler Industries :

http://www.primochill.com/

Mnpctech: (Bill Owen & Crew)

http://www.mnpctech.com/

Mayhem's :

http://www.mayhems.co.uk/shop/en/

DaFrontlineTrooper Andrew Cook (Films, Props,and Tutorials):

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaFrontlineTrooper

Also to the Companies that gave me support that rather stay anonymous !

Also decided good or not i am adding the Video to the build log and index .Because it does show me as just a normal person just like you all. (Listen to me mess up saying Mnpctech.Lol (Was Exhausted)

Anyway here it is guys.Now officially added to the Build log and index.

http://youtu.be/R_jmQ_mJfow

Keep watching Guys as i will be starting the Theme very soon and that's when things should get even more interesting

Take Care Guys

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

"UPDATE !"

Ok now after all the excitement of my previous build "Venom" making top 10 in Maximum PC. I am finally ready to give another big update to this build.It took a few designs and trial and error but i got things to where i want them now:

This Update mainly is about the new PSU & Rad Cover that is pretty much completed besides adding some Mass Effect 3 Theme to it.

As usual i tried my best to log everything to help other Modders understand how i do my builds. I of course cant log everything sorry because it would take to much time taking a shot of every single thing i do. But i have allot of it showing the Process i used in making this build.

Ok Lets get started:

As always when i am making something i pull out the Pizza box because i eat way to much of it and have tons lying around:

And as usual i find a problem.Box wont fit in the case without having a gap.

Back to the drawing board.Which is really in my head because i don't draw anything:

Ok i have a plan now (I Think). So lets get moving:

Next i decided to use my old metal brake that i made real quick on day.This was the metal break before my Project Bend It. Brake that there is a build log somewhere here for.Anyway its the one i decided to use for the bend i needed.

And some more cutting: (By the way really nice Jigsaw and it only cost $59.99 at Harbor Freight . It also has a built in laser guide and a metal guide to make straight lines whci you will see me using:

Look good so far right? Wrong it got scrapped and started over again.I didn't like it.To get to the Rad and PSU would be Hell like this . So again back to the drawing board:

While i we wait for the next box design here is where i am aiming with the Tubing routing and listed are the colors that will be flowing through the tubing (Mayhem's Pastels and Dye of course)

Allrighty then back to work again:

Damn i love my Rotozip and Dremel !

Next got the Mesh out and again went Rotozip crazy!

Nicely cut if i don't say so myself. Also look at that sweet sheet of Aluminum underneath the mesh. You will see me make a few things with this later. It is great stuff and polishes up to look very similar to Chrome.

Hmm whats next let me think a second. Oh i remember. Time to cut the spot so the EK XTC 280 Radiator Can breathe with its 4 NZXT FZ Series 140mm Fans in push/pull config.

As you can see now the PSU box is 2 pieces so i can easily Maintain things inside.Very important to think of these things ahead of time.I liked the one piece look but it wasn't practical at all. You can also see the mesh added and the Molding added to the box. Now she can breath again!

Next i started working on one of my Crazy idea's that i think is really going to make this build cool as Hell. Notice the tubing in the roof! Each side will be showing a different color coolant.This was extremely difficult and major time consuming to figure out and get to work! But well worth the time.

Alright. Every thing seems to look good. But there is no way the PSU / Rad box can stay like that even though it don't look bad. I also decided to move the tubing around a bit down bottom so the GPU's tubing dumps straight down rather then back..Lol waste of a perfect cut hole .

So take it back out and back to work Again:

And another wall i hit. I cant find my larger size step drill so stuck with a 3/4" hole.The tubing would fit but that just wouldn't be right.So Dremel time!

Before we go any further i want to take a moment to say something. This work i am doing shows you don't need a ton of fancy tools to do some incredible Modding.The tools you have seen me use so far are all inexpensive. Even the Drill press you see me using. Again i bought that on sale at Harbor Freight for $59.99 My regular drill cost me like $18 bucks My Rotozip kit i picked up for $25 bucks on Craigslist and a Dremel is roughly $60.00 or you can grab on on sale or even used for allot less. And i already mentioned my Jigsaw which is sweet as hell was $59.99. Just wanted to go over this real quick because you don't need a CNC machine Laser cutter ,Milling machine or anything like that to be a great modder. Just grab a Dremel and have Faith in yourself. I mess up all the time and when i do i just try to work with my mistakes.

Ok we are not writing a book right here in the middle of the Update so lets get back to the build:

We left off with me losing my bigger step drill and time to Dremel the hole out.Lets see what i have that might work. (My metal bit that does this job perfect broke a few days before )

Choice of weapons for the job! Dremel ,Round File and a orbital sander i didn't get a shot of but you see me use it elsewhere. That was 15 bucks by the way.

Lol that went well:

It may have broke but it was working out well until it did so back into the box to grab another:

Ok looks good to me...Next i need to drill holes perfectly placed in the front cover or the box and then Make a smaller hole to make threads so it can be screwed together and removed when needed.

Now for the top which wouldn't fit in my drill press without setting some kind of jig up so back to my hand drill. (By the way i recommend all plug in power tools.Cant stand the battery ones.I want the Power Baby! )

Looking good. Fits the build perfect. And is very practical now.But far from done.

Ok now to start making it blend and make it look Pretty! Thank you Bill Owen of Mnpctech.com for Sponsoring a roll of 3M Carbon Fiber Di noc and some other great things to Me the Build and my Son. Still need Allot more for the build though.Already almost went through 2 rolls trying to make all the Fiber lines head the right direction.

Sorry for getting to much into my work on that part i only have one shot because i totally forgot to shoot the rest.

But here are the end results.Looks way better then in the Photo's and i am going to try and get some better shots in the daylight for you guys.But anyway this is what i got it looking like so far.

And a little Sneak Peek of whats to come:

And here is a shot of me Crammed in between my Printers and this is before the Plotter even arrives at my door on Monday.This is something i am really getting into also and should see me doing something soon with all this. (Artisan Maybe?) Who knows can only wait and see .

You can also see one of my upcoming Projects in the future. That's the Memorial PC build i am doing for my Father in law that Passed recently. (Will be doing this over time and it will be immaculate and very close to me .So don't expect to see this build for a while to come)

Well that's about all i have to show for now without Spoiling anything in upcoming Updates.

Hope you guys are enjoying it and keep checking back!

Again hope you guys like it so far. It is getting extremely close to the deadline and i go to work soon also.So i am very scared i might not make it. I am pushing big time now on the build to make the deadline though,

Take Care Guys and keep checking back!

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

Update !

Awesome Video & More in this Update!!
    When 2 Artists,A handful of great companies and an incredible Community come together.There can be nothing but Great results !

This is an Incredible Update and i am so excited about it. I know some of you have been anxiously waiting to see the M8 Assault Rifle from Mass Effect 3 that is going to be Top Mounted on the Mass Effect 3 Build of course. Well today we are lucky enough to receive a video that is also posted on DaFrontlineTrooper's YouTube channel.

I find this to be Amazing because this was an international project that we worked on together and i find it very cool that people from different parts of the planet can come together on one build to make it great.

So lets talk a little more about Andrew Cook again for those of you that missed it before. He is mostly known as DaFrontlineTrooper and a does Films,Props and the best thing i admire about him is he also does Tutorials to share with others how to do what he does.Sorta like we do here by displaying build Logs.I have been watching him for a long time and was actually going to try and build my own M8 by using his tutorials. Then i thought to myself, Hmmm he is a huge Mass Effect Fan ! I am a Huge Mass Effect Fan! Why not contact him and do an international project together.

Long Story short i asked him if he thought it was a great idea and he agreed it would be a great thing to do.I also want to let you know he was in the middle of 4 international Projects when i talked to him first and he still wanted to do it.

I don't know about you guys but just him playing a part in this build just makes it allot more sentimental and a bigger story to go behind the build. (I am such a huge fan of his i also had him sign the gun for me )

And Finally after all my Blabbing the Video showing the Actual M8 that will be Mounted on top of My Mass Effect 3 Build!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmYxB...1&feature=plcp

Hope you guys enjoyed the Video and my Tiny little Mass Effect 3 M8 Assault Rifle.

I still have Tons i haven't got to post yet on the build progress so keep checking Back! (I will be Posting as soon as Possible)

Take Care Guys and thanks for Following my work and for all your Support!

MybadOmen & DaFrontlineTrooper

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE !

Ok so last we left off i was just finishing up the Rad and Power Supply cover i made.

First off:
    Big Thanks to EK for the Radiators. EKWB Sponsored both the XTC 420 & XTC 280 Rads. (Plus Tons more! )

Both Rads and tons of other Great EK Products can be found here : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ra...rs.html?cat=94

Also Thanks goes out to NZXT for the Power Supply which is a NZXT Hale 90 1000watt.

The Power Supply Can be found here again along with there incredible Products: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/pow...s/hale90_1000w

Also guys i have used both these companies Products long before i was ever sponsored.And i highly Recommend both companies products.

Ok here are some updates of where i left off painting the Mesh for the bottom Rad to breathe.

Before:

Bare metal always needs an Etching Primer before painting:

Hanging the mesh and priming it:

Taping off the everything besides what i want to be white: Also measuring to match the top.

after i painted the white i taped off again over the white to make the Red Stripe:

White and Red done just black to go:

And the black finally:

And Finally the Finished look together of the top and bottom Mesh.

Still tons more to Update but i need to get back to work on it so cya guys soon!

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE!

Got the Package that was Sponsored by:

ATX PC Repair | Austin's Computer Repair

Now i can really get cranking on the Theme. Was a costly Case to dress up because Shepard's N7 Armor is all Carbon fiber .
    Already the build took 2 2' x 2" sheets just to do the inside and the one top piece.

Thanks you ATX PC Repair | Austin's Computer Repair for Sponsoring 3 more sheets to the build !!! That was a huge help and will get this build rolling again!

Here is what was Sponsored to the Build: 3 sheets so its 2' x 6' Roll: of the Real 3M Di noc (Stuff is far from Cheap)

For more info on My Sponsor Please see his website here: http://atxpctech.com/

Thank you ATX PC Repair | Austin's Computer Repair for the help and thanks to everyone else that has been following the build and supporting me through the build and some rough times!

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE!

I know i am busy as all hell but i figure i owe you guys some more updates since i did tons of work and haven't had time to log it. So some of the updates will be showing work done before the pictures you guys have already seen.

But here goes. I will do my best to make it all make sense:

Ok here i am working on the top Mesh and cover of the Case:

Here is the top after i cut the 2 slots on each side for the tubing to show through and i painted the small mesh in this piece also (Might be painting it back to black at the end though)

Primered with Etching Primer and Painted the Red white and black (Picture shows the white done)

Now taping off for the Red Paint. (at this point i was going to try to keep the metal look but i didn't like it and changed it to black)

And here is some more work i did because i wanted the handle on the top back in and needed to mount the Mesh to the top. (I used 2 part Epoxy to mount it)

Lol and look at my fingernail in this next Photo ! MybadOmen going Goth!

Applying 3M Di noc to the top. This was pretty tricky but i got it the best i could and it looks good.

And some of the work finishing up the Bay i modded for holding the Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps:

Screws i decided to go with to give a nice look against the polished aluminum cover i also made.This will make it so i can easily get to both Pumps if need be:

Tap and Die set to make new Threads:

Now just making the holes bigger one the front cover parts so the bolts go through to the threads:

And what the final Pump tray looks like:

Also Mounted the little SR2 Ship on the Front 10" Reservoir. Both Reservoirs are EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced .

Reservoirs i am using can be found here : http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/re...-advanced.html

Pumps i am using can be found here: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/pu...v-dc-pump.html

And with the Pump Box in:

Also got a new Monitor because mine died on me ! Absolutely love the new one i got. Its an HP 2511x you guys have to check these monitors out if you ever see one.It stood out in the store and made all the other monitors look horrible ,so basically i had no choice but to get it.I didnt want it because it was HP and i went there looking for an Asus or Samsung. But believe me this HP is Amazing. It does cost a little more then the Samsung and Asus but it was well worth it!

Here is a peek of what i am working on now until the next Update as you can see i have the little helping hands out and yup ,I am soldering in there. Think my warranty is still good?:

Thank you NZXT for the Hale 90 1000watt to rip apart

If interested in a NZXT Hale 90 1000watt PSU for your build here is the link: http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/pow...s/hale90_1000w

As always these are all Great Products from great companies or i wouldn't Use them or endorse them! Any part i show or use i highly recommend !

Hope you guys enjoyed the Update! It takes allot of time from the build when i am sitting here but the build is pointless without you guys watching so you guys are Priority number 1!

Thanks for Watching and keep checking back!

MybadOmen