Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 Build

Update!

Here is the Sketch up we are going by, for the inside only. We are saving the Mass Effect 3 Logo for the Outside of the case and of course the M8 made by DaFrontlineTrooper will be going on top.Also the cooling will be white and red and also 2 Plextor SSD drives will be Mounted on the blank Carbon fiber Panel on the right hand top side.

Also allot of help with the Vinyl work is being done by Kaged as my equipment is no where near ready to run and we are good friends of course.

Also guys don't forget to check out and support his Pink NZXT Phantom Cancer Awareness Build !

Cancer Awareness Build here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1211457/c...t-pink-phantom

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE !

Thank you Plextor for making this Update possible and for coming on board the Mass Effect 3 - Switch 810 build !

As you guys that have been following the thread know already i have been talking about changing the SSD's to a different brand. I have been Very interested in Plextor Pro Series SSD's for a while now and read allot about then. Well to make a long story short i talked with Plextor and am dumping the OCZ drives and going to run a new Pair of Plextor 128gig M3 Pro Series SSD's in raid 0 Striped in the Mass Effect 3 build.

After some Testing i definitely love the drives and plan on running Plextor drives from now on and let me show you why:

First i will start with the unboxing of the Drives:

It was raining the day the drives arrived and i was nervous when i seen the box was wet!

As i opened the box i realized Plextor Packed the drives very nice, so my worries instantly went away (So much bubble wrap i bet i could of dropped them off my roof and they would be fine so A+ for Packaging! )

Now to look at the box itself :

As you can see and it was hard to get it on film the box is a shiny metallic blue and looks very nice!

And the Back which has the Specs which i will get to in a few:

And here are the contents inside the box: The SSD , an Adapter ,mounting screws,Software and Manual and 5 year warranty info.

Ok lets get right to the drive now because i am very excited about it:

The drive looks absolutely gorgeous! It sits in a brushed aluminum casing with Plextor done very nicely in black. Yeah i know this is just looks but trust me we will get to the performance soon enough. Also this SSD is one of the Lightest SSD drives i ever held and it is extremely thin. So for looks ,weight and size the drive is amazing so A+ here also !

And here is where they will be going in the ME3 build:

Also here they are mounted in Venom which i am using just as a test bench right now :

Ok now onwards to see how they Perform:

ATTO:

CrystalDiskMark

Plextor SSD Performance Analyzer

Windows Experience Index also 7.9 for the SSD's of course.

As you can easily see these drives easily do 1000mbs + and we proved it with Multiple benchmarks to be fair as Possible.

Also one of the biggest attractions to the Plextor drives is their award winning technology called True Speed where their drives keep the performance over long periods of time. Plus don't forget they have a 5 Year Warranty !! So why are more people not running them ? I have no idea but i will be for sure !

More info on Plextor True Speed Technology : http://www.plextoramericas.com/TrueSpeed/index.html

And also the Specs of Plextor M3 Pro Series Drives i am using : http://www.plextoramericas.com/index...series?start=1

My conclusion is these SSD drives Rock ! and i would highly recommend them to anyone looking for lightening fast drives! Also Plextor makes many other model SSD's and Blu Ray burners etc so take a look for your self. here: http://www.plextoramericas.com/

But the # 1 reason i chose Plextor and wanted them as a Sponsor is because they have INCREDIBLE customer service and they also are very close with their customers on Facebook etc !

I am highly honored to be Flying the PLEXTOR banner on this build Log and Proud to represent their name !!

MybadOmen

More updates to come soon so keep Watching !

Looking good!
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

ATX Mental Case

More to come very soon .Just been very busy on multiple projects . I do my best to keep you guys updated though and will continue to do my best.

Hope you enjoyed the new Updates and keep watching .More to come soon!

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

"UPDATE"

Well hiya guys, I have an update but its not huge. I am now back to working on ME3 as well as another build but making ME3 the priority right now.

Here is the point the build was at before today as you can see i have been working on her a bit:

Here is some work i did Today.

Mounted the 2 Plextor M3 Pro Series SSD Drives.

Wrapped the Modded top front Panel with more 3M Di noc Carbon Fiber

And also Painted another NZXT FZ-140 Fan Red and Modded the lower front panel and cut out some Mesh that will be painted to match the mesh on top and inside. (Front is still incomplete)

Also did some boring wiring but didn't photo it as it was nothing special.

And thanks to My Sponsors involved in this Update:

Plextor for their PX-M3 Pro Series SSD Drives that are smoking fast Clean or Dirty !

More Info Here : http://www.plextoramericas.com/index...-m3-pro-series

NZXT For everything they Sponsored for this build:

More Products from NZXT Here: http://www.nzxt.com/new/product_all.php

ATXPCREPAIR & MNPCTECH For huge help getting all the 3M Di-noc Carbon fiber needed for this build which is a total of 2 feet x 10 feet and is far from cheap stuff!

More Info on ATXPCREPAIR Here:
    http://atxpctech.com/

For all MNPCTECH's great products, guides,blobs look here : http://www.mnpctech.com/casemodstore.html

Sorry for the long wait but hope you guys like where its heading. Looks like its almost done but its all the tiny details that drive me crazy, But you should see allot more updates from here on out as i am all set up to work here now.

Take care and really hope you guys like it:

More to come soon so keep watching:

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE!

Just another small update of getting a little more work done to the front of the Case. Looks a bit funny right now till the actual Theme is applied and the Window etc is Modded.

Ok Lets get started :

Here is the lower front Panel that i started Modding in the last update:

Now to paint the Mesh i made earlier to match the top. First step because it is bare metal is to Prime it with an etching Primer:

Next i paint the whole piece in Black Krylon "Fusion" Satin Black. I have completely switched to using Krylon when using rattle can pants now. The stuff is really amazing on Metal or Plastic and also has an Adhesion Promoter already in it.

Next i mark it and tape of a 2 inch space that will be Painted white as part of the red and white stripe. (Usually this stripe would go on the side but i wanted to be original as this is my Version of Mass Effect 3 Build so i wanted it Centered) Also again using White Krylon Fusion.

Totally forgot to take a Photo of the white panted and taping off the Red. but basically all i did was let the white dry and taped off a 1 inch stripe in the center to pain red and here is what it looks like drying with the tape off.

Now i move on to the Heat gun and 3M Di-noc Carbon Fiber to wrap the lower panel that the Mesh will be sitting in:

And after a little heating and carefully getting all the edges its wrapped:

and a Shot of it back on the ME3 build:

More to Come Keep Watching

Take Care,

MybadOmen

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE !

And another update already that fast. I told you they would be coming pretty steady now till completion and i am not going to cut corners to meet any deadlines. This build will be done and hopefully Beautiful when its completed.

That being Said lets get yo the Update:

This Update is me Modding the window .I decided to just leave leave 1 1/2 " of metal completly around the window so people can see all the work inside and i curved the edges. Lol wait till you see what i used for a tool to curve them.

First a couple Photo's with the window off :

And now to Start Modding the NZXT Switch 810 Window:

Marking out where my cuts are going to be:

Marking out the curved edges with my High Tech tools .

Jig saw with Guide i will be using to cut out the window. (The Guide will help make nice straight lines until i get to the rounded edges. Its all skills from there )

Just checking to see if it looks right . It does so we can move on. OH YA normally i would tape off around where i was cutting but this is getting Di noc wrap so i didn't bother. My saw does have plastic feet though so i used a scotchbrite after to smooth it out after.

The Scraps

These Photos are of ,me sanding the scratches and edges smooth and also a shot of some of the tools i used to get a really nice edge:

Mnpctech . Lol seems like this name comes up allot in my Threads . Well this time is because i am using the Mnpctech U-Channel Molding which is one of the best i have ever used or seen. The stuff is super thin and looks incredible. In my eye's at least.

Well this Molding was also sponsored by Bill and Mnpctech.com so as always i will give a link where you can get some yourself.

Mnpctech U-Channel Molding here:
    http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.html

Ok now everything is all nice and even and smoothed out i finally move on to the Di-noc and U-Channel molding.

Will get better Photos of this tomorrow because my iPhone cant take pictures at night at all they come out terrible. Lol not to mention i ran it over yesterday so not only did i need a camera badly for my logs .I now also need to replace my iPhone 4 Glass which i do all the time for money so that's not an issue. Lol yeah but imagine, I ran over my own Phone with a GMC Jimmy and its perfect besides the glass.Thank god it happened in the grass i bet cement would be another story.

Really sorry for this last Photo as you cant tell how nice it came out but i promise you will see soon enough.

Take Care and Keep Watching . This Build is almost over and then you guys can watch my next build that's already started ,Just not posted yet.

More Updates Soon

MybadOmen

As Promised i am back to add some better Photo's. Well a little better at least.

Hopefully that gives a little better idea of what it is starting to look like but still i cant get the colors as bright as they really are in real life. The chrome sparkles everywhere and goes perfect with the Carbon fiber and red and white. Best i can do for now but i did promise i would be back with some better Photos .

More Updates soon so keep watching

MybadOmen

this is like an Info-mercial
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    this is like an Info-mercial

Not sure if that's a compliment or insult but yes i am very detailed about everything i do from showing every part to showing every little Mod i do. As i try to help new Modders learn how its done and how they to can get the proper tools and parts. Also i do show appreciation to those that sponsor me but i still basically did the same thing before i was sponsored if i thought it was nice gear.

Take Care Mate

MybadOmen

Also New Photo's Added to Last Update as Promised ! A little better quality .

ATX Mental Case

UPDATE !

Founder of NZXT Johnny hou takes notice of my work on the "Mass Effect 3 - NZXT Switch 810 build" !

This is a Great Honor to me because i love the NZXT Company ,Their Customer Service, Products just everything about them is great and lets not forget how big they contribute to the community all the time. I have met and worked with many NZXT employees (Phone and email) But never imagined that the actual Founder of the company would take notice of me seeing he must be extremely busy.

Not sure what else to say . Just every day things just seem to blow my mind when it comes to my Modding. Lol usually when i think im not doing good and feeling down about it.

Here is the Link to see what the Founder wrote as it wasn't all about just me it was to all the Modders :

http://nzxtcorp.wordpress.com/2012/0...l-the-modders/

Take care guys and once again thanks so much for all the support you have given through all my builds.

Also stay Tuned for more on the Mass Effect Build.

Your friend and fellow Modder ,

MybadOmen