Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Project: 'Troy's Pinball' - Arcade Sequel Build

Default Re: Project: 'Troy's Pinball' - Arcade Sequel Build

Yeah! I love to see this thing going!

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Wow! Great work!

Love the blue theme!

Are you going to put some plexi in front of the TVs?

I'm nervous about someone seeing it, then thinking "How can I destroy this...?"

'Cause they can't steal it in the night (too freakin' heavy to be a one-man job), so they'd spite you instead.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Wow! Great work!

Love the blue theme!

Are you going to put some plexi in front of the TVs?

'Cause they can't steal it in the night (too freakin' heavy to be a one-man job), so they'd spite you instead.
    There will be real glass over the 40" LCD TV playfield.

I had already planned on rigging the whole thing with high explosives (mainly for playing Russian pinball roulette) but after reading your post it looks like I will have to add a few pressure switches to it as well.

Go right ahead and whack it with your crow bar now you unlucky spiteful thieves... KA-BOOOOM bitches!
    Last edited by ARTbyTROY; 05-15-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: needed it.
    Visit My Site: www.CaseModGod.com

Huh.. whaaa? Why would you even think that someone would break in to his house and destroy it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ARTbyTROY View Post
    I had already planned on rigging the whole thing with high explosives (mainly for playing Russian pinball roulette) but after reading your post it looks like I will have to add a few pressure switches to it as well.

Go right ahead and whack it with your crow bar now you unlucky spiteful thieves... KA-BOOOOM bitches!
    Good answer!!

Loving the progress, and looking forward to seeing it in action!

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    Huh.. whaaa? Why would you even think that someone would break in to his house and destroy it?!?
    I've known people that are like "Hey, nice (random object), can I have it?" "No." *kick/smash/punch* "Well, neither can you."

Tri.fecta

I've known people that are like "Hey, nice (random object), can I have it?" "No." *kick/smash/punch* "Well, neither can you."
    When I was younger I knew a few douche-bags too, but nowadays I don't worry too much about anyone trying to pull that type of nonsense, mainly because I no longer associate with unstable/lowlife people.

^Same here.

Still, I loved your reply.

Tri.fecta

I got the mesh for the speaker holes cut and test fit, when it comes time for the mesh final install I will secure it in place with Weld-on 16.

I took the front, table sides and back glass sides to my little brother to sandblast the back of the acrylic panels where the SMD LEDs will be located.

I designed an old school looking graphic for the project, my brother has a vinyl cutter so while I was there I also had him cut me some decals...

Weeding vinyl sucks, for those who don't know - weeding is the removal of scrap vinyl that will not be part of the final decal and it is a tedious process. I used clear contact paper over the weeded vinyl so that they can be lifted off the paper backing and installed onto the acrylic. Below are three of the decals I will be using as masks for the vinyl dye part of the project.

Below shows placement of one of the vinyl decals, it also shows placement of the four 6" SMD chaser LEDs. The plexi-glass where the LEDs sit has a frosted look after sand blasting and should diffuse the blue glow a little when the LEDs are installed behind it.

I needed something to install the 6" chaser LEDs onto so I copied my measurements onto a piece of aluminum flashing, then cut and rivet it onto the front brace piece of Alum-angle.

The four 6" SMD chaser LEDs all had short bare leads, so I soldered them all together and added longer wires, then I sleeved and heat shrink the whole thing. Now it will only need a single power output from the Logisys power distribution box and even though sleeving was unnecessary because it will likely never be seen it does look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ARTbyTROY View Post
    ...nowadays I don't worry too much about anyone trying to pull that type of nonsense, mainly because I no longer associate with unstable/lowlife people.
    Naw, they just live in YouTube comments

Tri.fecta

I assembled the router table that sat in my shed forever and loaded it with an 1/8" roundover bit in preparation for this next part.

Wow, what a plastic dust making mess... note to self, next time do it outside. I rounded off the edges of the front and sides, it all feels nice and smooth now.

I wasn't real happy with the lack of picture adjustment that the USB 16" monitor had and the viewing angle was terrible. Below is the VGA model, it is fully adjustable, VESA mountable and the viewing angle is acceptable.

The two screens are almost exactly the same size, which is required for the project to turn out correctly.

Below shows an Antec EarthWatts 750 PSU, a white lazer LED, two sound control modules and four super bright 24 white LED strips. They will be used to power and help light up the replacement parts that are coming from the pinball projects first official sponsor, drum roll please...

I am happy to announce that Sapphire is on board as an official hardware sponsor for this build, I will be incorporating an illusion that showcases their hardware into the pinball table to thank them for being so awesome.

Below shows most of the 600+ LEDs that will be used in the build all laid out one last time to determine final placement. I decided that the two 44" SMD LED strips and two of the 19" SMD LED strips would be better used to shine from the table bottom onto the floor beneath, and to connect two of the 19" SMD LEDs that go up the sides of the back glass to sound activation.