Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support Huntington's Disease research and get a chance to win this custom computer!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Support Huntington's Disease research and get a chance to win this custom computer!

By Will Lyon

Help support a great cause and get a chance to win this custom rig built buy me. This rig includes lots of time and parts graciously donated by many great people and great companies! Huntington's Disease is a (currently) incurable and debilitating genetic disorder. You can help the HDSA to further their research and try to find a treatment or cure for this horrible disease. I personally am also giving away my Arctic Cat computer to one lucky person who donates! All donations received will go go to the Huntington's Disease Society of America. The funds will enable the HDSA to continue their ongoing efforts to find a treatment or even a cure for Huntington's Disease. Just like with any other disease-related research they need all the help they can get! Me wife's best friend's mother died from Huntington's so the donations will be made to the HDSA in her name.

The hardware specs are as follows:

* NZXT Phantom Case
    * NZXT White 24-Pin, 8-Pin and 6-Pin sleeved extensions
    * Thermaltake TR2 RX 1000W PSU
    * Crucial 4GB DDR3-1333 Ballistic Tracer Green
    * Intel Core i3-2100 3.1 GHz (1155)
    * MSI H61M-E33 (B3)
    * XFX HD-585x-ZAFC 1GB Radeon 5850
    * Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler
    * NEW! 90GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD (OS)
    * 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green (storage)
    * Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (installed and fully updated)
    * NEW! NZXT FZ fan setup. Set includes: 1x 140mm green LED in front intake, 1x 120mm non LED in rear exhaust and 2x 120mm green LED in side panel intake!

This is a rockin' machine and one lucky person who donates is going to win it! Here's the details:

1. Limited to U.S. residents only due to shipping restrictions
    2. Minimum donation amount is $10.00
    3. Donators receive entries based on their donation amount, where $10 = 1 entry, $50 = 6 entries, $100 = 13 entries.
    4. Donations will be collected until June 30th, 2012 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
    5. Donations can only be made via the PayPal widget on the Computers And Circuits donations page (link)
    6. Prize includes one (1) custom built and painted Arctic Cat themed computer built by me, one (1) Arctic Cat 50th Anniversary mouse pad and one (1) TBCS T-shirt.
    7. No other peripherals are included (mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc.)
    8. A winner will be picked via random.org and announced on ComptuersAndCircuits.com, Computers And Circuits Facebook page and notified by email.
    9. The winner will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping information.
    If the chosen winner does not respond within 48 hours their winning will be forfeited and a new entry will be chosen.
    10. Odds of winning depend on total number of entries received.
    For any other info and any questions contact me via PM.

Last edited by SXRguyinMA; 06-18-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Support Huntington's Desease research and get a chance to win this custom compute

I donated. Would be pretty freaking awesome if I won.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Support Huntington's Desease research and get a chance to win this custom compute

I donated $100!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Support Huntington's Disease research and get a chance to win this custom compute

Wow thanks Ken! Much appreciated sir!

Default Re: Support Huntington's Disease research and get a chance to win this custom compute

I'll probably donate another hundred+ before it's over!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

I'm grateful that you can to that, TGS!

I would myself; unfortunately, I'm in a financial hole with my family right now....
    (and we're slowly getting out of it....)
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that Kingston has joined and donated one of their HyperX 3k SSD's!! Not sure on the size yet as I have not received it yet but I'll keep you updated!

How much have you raised?
    WH1T3 0U7

Got the SSD today, it's a 90GB HyperX 3k. Expect a review on my site soon as well.

TGS as of today I've raised $560. The PayPal widget says $540 but I had 2 friends donate $10 each that went through PayPal but not through the widget.

Just a heads up Zotac is donating a GTX 560!!