Thread: Top security software for a business?

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Top security software for a business?

I was called in the last two days by my old job as a favor to work security. They also got in a new computer and wanted some nice security software considering a lot of private info is on those computers.
    I was told they're behind two firewalls but wanted extra protection against viruses and all that jazz. They also apparently need child blocks because one of the managers likes to look at pr0n. lol

Anyone have a first hand recommendation?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Top security software for a business?

How big is this business? Your probably going to need more than just software. Your going to need dedicated servers like a Barracuda Server and Snort Server.

It's a night club. They have two huge racks full of electronics in the office... I know a lot of it runs the TV's, lighting and volume but aside from that is beyond me. I was asked just to install the best anti-virus. I didn't feel comfortable simply using what I've used since I've never gone too deep into researching perhaps a specific one geared towards businesses. I like to keep my virus protection at a happy point where it doesn't annoy me during regular use.

start with microsoft security essentials and go from there - it's free and plays well in a windows environment and is surprising quite good. If you want to invest in something more from there, you've already made a good start

I tested Vipre on my home machine and it dragged my 50meg cable down to a crawl. o.O

Is there anything more user friendly you guys could recommend that has decent security and a site blocker? So far I'm leaning towards Panda? Any negative experiences with their software?

Panda is known as some of the worst security software to have ever existed. Almost non-existent detection rate - if you need a full package, look at kaspersky.