Thread: Hotmail Shenanigans

Default Hotmail Shenanigans

I don't use my old hotmail very often, but I have noticed something lately.

There is now the little "mark as read" / "delete" buttons beside the email. So I can easily look through, read the title, and just hit delete right there and the next one pops right up into place.

If you do this quickly it works perfectly fine, except when its an email from either Amazon or Ebay. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I've noticed most. I've been testing this for weeks and without fail every time I click through to delete emails, if the email is from Amazon or Ebay, it will almost always open the email instead of deleting it.

Anyone notice a similar phenomenon? Quite frustrating if they are going through and flagging mail from certain senders to open even when they are clicked to delete. I'm guessing there's money involved.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Hotmail Shenanigans

That's why I don't use Hotmail. The newest email ALWAYS opens up, even if I didn't open it up. And selecting emails ALWAYS open them up, too!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

I can see it defaulting to open the top email. I can see it opening email when you don't click perfectly.

What I don't understand is how I can set the mouse to stay in one spot exactly on the delete icon, click at exact intervals, and every single email gets deleted perfectly except the ones sent from Ebay or Amazon daily deals. They open up every single time. It is so annoying. It isn't user error. Something else is going on.

thunderbird. nuff said
    Not dead yet

Never ever had a single issue with my hotmail account, has worked properly every time for me.
    Guess I am just lucky.

I had hotmail long ago but don't even remember the address anymore. I have a yahoo that I use when something wants an address & I know it'll result in spam. I use gmail for real emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Your pearly goop is really pretty.