Thread: DAE have high cholesterol and/or diabetes?

Default DAE have high cholesterol and/or diabetes?

How do you battle it? What do you eat? What kind of food do you absolutely stay away from? How do you exercise and for how long? etc

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Default Re: DAE have high cholesterol and/or diabetes?

I fought it by loosing about 50 pounds. I maintain the fight by counting carbohydrates. I do not drink anything with sugar in it. All I drink is water during the day and a little bit of milk for breakfast.

I walk for exercise, but I don't do it as often as I should. Diet is the main thing you can do to help the situation. I had to take pills at first, then after the weight loss, I can keep the numbers down by maintaining my diet.

I changed the way I eat as well. I eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 bigger ones. Making these lifestyle changes is much easier than taking those pills. The pills would always force me to eat something like M&Ms to keep from getting dizzy.

Good luck in maintaining your health.

Default Re: DAE have high cholesterol and/or diabetes?

I had type 2 diabetes onset due to my weight. I used to be 350lbs. I lost over 180lbs. My sugar levels are usually still too high. I do everything I can to keep my diet as low on carbs as possible. If you eat bread, make it whole wheat. Use brown rice instead of white. And whole wheat pasta instead of the usual. Limit portions of bread, pasta and rice. More meat and veggies. Little or no sugar at all. I probably should go back to the doctor and get put on the darn pills again.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin