Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 2.1

Default Re: Fallout 2.1

I have been Aging the Case in the last 2 days and I might say it getting there. unfortunately I don't have pictures of that progress yet, but I want to give you a little teaser. Remember this Fan controller....

The Blue back light didn't fit the theme and it never really did but i fixed that. I gave the back light that early 80's watch back light feel, and its green this time... picture later today.

To Both of you.... that was actually the "old" situation. that picture was only for the purpose of showing you the "old" fan controller. which is soon to be known as the FanBoy 2200 (as "Vault-tec made it" like the PipBoy 2000).

Some pictures.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/...g?v=1220356013

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3266/...372b9d.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2040/...623291.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/...4eb96b.jpg?v=0

I hope to finish this Fan controller in the next two days. With that update I will also show the weathering of the case it self.

yours Cheron.

You all have to wait a little longer for weathering pictures. but I have something to show you all.

I have been busy with photoshop.

Note these are not to scale.

tell me what you like or don't like and your ideas are also welcome..

Yours Cheron.

I found sometime to edit my plans. here they are.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3060/...a6bc68.jpg?v=0

I has been a wile since I actually posted something about the case it self. I promised you all the new Weathering of this case(with out the front and side panels). so enjoy the pictures.

First some in progress pictures.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2083/...5ba7ef.jpg?v=0

And this is the End result.

With that done it was time to bring the hardware Home..... To bad I don't have pictures of me installing the hardware, but I would like to Say I got cough up installing it and thus forgot to take pictures. but with no further a due I present Fallout 2.1 with hardware at home.

This picture was taken just after the first 24 hours of leak testing. and i am pleased to say No leaks. (but I am testing still and No leaks. an other 12 hours to go and ill call it Safe)

And here a little teaser The "OLD" side panel on the "NEW" case. after thinking about using it as it is with new paint i decided to modify it further so it will match even better.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/...98fd21.jpg?v=0

So next up will be:

1. Soldering cables.
    2. Install lights.
    3. Make the Radiator fan "Cover"
    4. Make the designed stickers.
    5. Add the stickers to the fans.

That will finish the core of this Mod.
    After that:

1. Motherboard side panel.
    2. Windowed side panel.
    3. Front of this Build.

And with that said ill wrap it up for this Update.

Yours Cheron.

Dude, great mod!!! I was digging around and found some images that might add to the inspiration. I was a bit disappointed in the depth of Fallout 3 but I loved the atmosphere, very well conceived. Take a look at these...

Someone built a Pip-boy 2000:

Evidently you can buy a Pip-Boy 3000 clock which if torn down would fit pretty nicely in your case design...

This is off topic, but I just found some software that changes your PDA into a pip-boy! How cool is that?

And one thing that I think you should really try to work in there is a bobblehead or sticker of everybody's favorite icon......Pip-Boy!

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Thanks For the reply's. first of all i have been having loads of trouble with this Main Board. and i finally have a replacement. its still the Xfx 8200 but this time it is a disease free one. So Its about time I Finnish this Build.

So here is a small list of things o want to do Before i call this one done.

• Add the 8800 GTX from Warlock into this Build. and add it to the water loop.
      this asks for an extra Rad (an 120 GT stealth) which I'll mount to the front fan.
    • Mold the new front of this case. Also ill be replacing the fan controller with an new one.
    • Add dust covers to the fans.
    • Add Vault-tec logo to the motherboard side Side panel.
    • Add New case feet. (or not but i would like better ones)
    • Remake windowed side panel.
    • final weathering

I know I had great Sticker Ideas. but I wont be covering the the Fans and rad so they will stay like this. Also the sticker for the fan controller will be forgotten since I will be using a different one.

I hope you feel updated. thanks for reading and expect an update in 2 to 3 weeks.

Yours Cheron.

It has been a wile. but i am back with some photos. First off all i have added the 8800gtx to this system. ill do and before after shot first the first is the 'old' situation then the new

And New...

Sorry for the bad quality.

But i hope you can see I added an radiator to the front and that i have used less 90 degree turns.

More Pictures....

An other thing I like to show you is the destroyed front of the "Old" Fallout 2.0 pc mod.

With an new and improved Fan controller.

And some dust filters to the bottom of this case (it needed them)

Next thing on my agenda is the Windowed side panel. It was like this.....http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3129/...98fd21.jpg?v=0

But you can wave it away as its currently in almost the same condition as the front of this case.... but sadly no pictures.

a short list of what to expect in upcoming updates.

1. Side panels. (both)
    2. Front.
    3. GFX card support.
    4. last touches.

Stay close I might need advise...
    Yours Cheron.

Almost forgot.... a picture of the front with the radiator...

First of all Thanks to you all for sticking with me on this project.

I am really proud. making the front page with Fallout 2.1. it has done me good.
    I have been away for some time and as some of you may know I have been "sick" in the past years but since its slowly going better with me. I am starting to work again as in the normal hours. but this leaves me battered in the evenings. so work on Fallout 2.1 is slow, but never forgotten.

I would like to thank this community for its support they have given on my projects. and in turn my projects kept me going.

I am just letting you all know its going to take some time but this project will see an finish. I want to work on it as much as i can my mind wants to but my body said no... for the past weeks.

when there is something to show. ill show it right away.

many thanks
    Yours Cheron.