Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MediaPhile

Default Re: DataPhile

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
    This might be the first worklog by jdbsan I have ever seen....
    There aren't many, and my very limited access to tools and shop space usually prevents their completion. Not this time, I am determined to finish this thing.

I have been working on the top more, replacing the clear plexi with a slab of ABS and an aluminum vent. Lots of tiny screws in this thing...

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Looking good Jon. The photos are awesome too!

Yeah. It's looking really nice. Can't wait to see more.

Here are a few more, working as fast as I can because I need to try to get this as close to done as possible in the next few days.

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Nothing much to display at this point, mostly just painting and cosmetic stuff. Here are a few shots of the progress...

In the meantime, I have been trying to work on the top vent and the 5.25" bay in short bursts. I am pretty sure I won't be able to finish this whole build here so I am trying to get all the things I can't do at home done before I leave.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

lookin good!

How are you going to mount those lamel vents? i don't know if you have a idea yet, but as a suggestion:

I made it by filing down the edges to look like this:

Then drill the holes in the aluminium side, stick them in 1 by one, align them, and hit the end with a hammer+center point. Result is awesome, especially when you polish them with some lights behind!
    My TBCS worklogs:

HTPC Onkyo look(active!)
    Alien Hospital(on hold) - Chemical Industrial(finished) - Cosmod(finished)
    Other finished projects:
    I-spider - Chemical Overdose - The Praetorian

That looks like a great idea! Mine are not going to be mobile, I wanted them to sit at the top of the case as just an open vent for heat to escape. I thought about moving vents but decided against them because I would basically always want them open anyway.

Well unfortunately I didn't get it finished before I had to pack up and head out. I did however get most of the stuff I think I needed a shop for so I should be able to get the rest done here at my apartment. I did the cutting on the case panels, painted all that I could at the moment (will need to touch some parts up later though), finished the rack mount for the HDDs, and still waiting for the mobo tray to dry. I used one of those textured paints for the mobo tray, I wanted the main case to be mostly all black in different finishes and shades for contrast and some brighter colors like the silver for accenting parts inside. Here is as it is now...

For each HDD I cut angle aluminum rails and sanded them down, and shaped a nice little access panel for the power and data cables...

Only one problem, once I took a second look at the trays after completing all four I noticed that my dumb ass cut the access panel on the wrong side!!! I wanted access to the SATA strip and power cables, not the molex side! argh.... So I re-did the posterior rails which wasn't a huge deal and you can see in that last photo.

Here are some final shots before packing it up. I'll keep working on it here...

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Wow!

Is there enough clearance for the tubing beside the HDD rack? it looks like it might be uber tight in there.