Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MediaPhile

Default Re: DataPhile

It's definitely going to be tight turns on both sides. I've cut channels in the bay side for the hoses but haven't checked the drive rack side yet. If it won't fit I will have to move the rack over to the midline.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

a 90 degree fitting with an extender might work out depending on clearance.

I thought about that, it will be my backup plan if they don't fit. And it may come to that...
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: MediaPhile

I haven't given up on this yet, and it is turning out to be much more of a "mod" than I initially planned. I was going to just water cool it and stack some storage drives in there but one thing led to another and...well you know how it goes.

I haven't been good about taking pictures and progress has been slow but the stuff I am doing now is much more time consuming and less fireworks.

I've been thinking about the face and how it will mount, by now I have it figured out but it's been a slow decision process. I built spacer out of layers of ABS and plexi to bolt the front plate securely into...

Another change of plans, remember this mess?

I decided to put a little more care into the junction of the board's wiring and the PSU so I put together a small box to mount on the right edge of the motherboard tray. This will allow me to run the cables all neat and orderly the way Kier does on his classy cable management delights. Mine will of course not be so beautiful, but I'll try to make it presentable. Here is what is done at this point...

And I am taking these distribution blocks and cutting them down in size, the next time I get photos I will show you how these will be mounted.

One other hand-crafting cluster$%@# was the second reservoir. The only scraps I had that seemed fitting for a res was an old piece of red plexi tube which I got ages ago (I think from Tybrennis if you've been around here long enough to remember him). So after building a mounting rail along the edge of the PSU bay I chipped and chopped and built this completed res....which I later scrapped and decided to remake.

Me likey!!! Can't wait to see more!

Very cool! I like the box idea for the cable routing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

So I did ditch the red reservoir and decided to pick up some plexi sheets from Inventables.com (awesome place to shop by the way) and have been playing around with designs. Built this little tank which a mounted and leak tested, it's now back off and being sealed. Not 100% sure I will stick with it or not but between this and the wiring box I have been keeping busy with very few photo-worthy moments...

I like it! Interesting placement, looks like a great spot.

Hello gang,

I haven't finished nor abandoned this damn thing yet. The lack of updates is more a result of unimpressive progress and dancing around making choices like the reservoir. Also spent lots of time making rubbish like these very unoriginal cable-sets...

And changed up some of the hoses to get a cleaner fitting arrangement...

I'm running the fans for the side-mounted radiators through two splitters that are plugged into an older LCD/fan controller/media display called M-Play Blast by VL systems. I like it because aside from all of the typical fan controller and readout functions it also has a remote which can operate the media players and can power the PC on/off. You can see the two main fan outputs connected to the back plate on the right..

I also ripped out the old power lines from the mainboard and the video cards and replaced with 18G wire from standard speaker wire.

Other things done was re-colored some of the vinyl fittings with the tried-and-true Rit dye method which works great!

And last but not least, after all that time and effort crafting a custom res....I bailed. LOL In the end, I was not certain enough that the res would not leak over time and it did not really work as well as I had hoped. So for the sake of functional security I picked up a cylinder res and built a mount under the PSU...