Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Diablo 3

Default Re: Diablo 3

Yea, it's not a game I could sit down a spend several hours on if it were just myself playing. I NEED to play with friends in order to keep things interesting. Currently trying to power my way through inferno act2 as a demon hunter. If anyone here wants to add me, pm me for battlenet info!

add me if you wish farlo#1523

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Unless someone takes the time and effort to buy the game, decompile the game, monitor the inbound and outbound packets and translate that, there isn't going to be a crack in a month ...
    "It's hard and will take forever" has never stopped hackers and crackers and modders before.

"Cracking" the game enough to bypass call-the-mothership registration/activation is easy. Enabling offline (solo) play is also easy enough, assuming everything needed for gameplay is stored on the client-side copy ... even the server-side stuff can be recorded/duplicated after walking through it once. D3's novelty hasn't worn off yet so those CDKEYs are still treated as valuable ... but the modders will be hard at work soon enough, once the boredom and disappointment and rejection of Blizzard's haphazard daily tyranny begin to really set in. I suppose private servers will be up and running within a year, just as with SC2 and D2 and even WoW.

People were botting D3 even during the beta (or so they claim), and Blizzard's invasive DRM has limits - I don't trust legal enforcement, but good luck busting out of a properly configured ubuntu/vmware shell - so "cracking" the game isn't hard at all. Blizzard can't detect bot programs which are running on what amounts to being a separate machine, or things like AutoIT which mimic a user's actions through the interface. Sure, they can run server-side statistical analysis and manually monitor flagged players, but D3 just isn't WoW in terms of revenue.

I expect an expansion every 18 months or so, +10lvl cap, a coupla new classes, new area, new content, new (and better) items; the initial lvl60 caps suggest room for 4 expansions, predicted product life cycle ~6-7 years before they announce Diablo 4. Assuming it survives that long. Once the game is "finished" they'll attempt to simulate endgame content with some kind of scoreboard/ladder system (as always) ... and abandon it to the wolves, like D2 now, ie: basically left on autopilot and ignored unless too many people complain about something serious being broken.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Also, Wireshark will help there greatly.....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

lol Wireshark looks neat enough (apparently a fork of Ethereal, itself a great little sniffer app, but wireless only) ... but I don't see it being superior to other traffic/packet analyzers.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Am I too late to this party? I just finally got my scrap box up and running, and I dropped the D3 trial on it last night. Not too shabby, I could see myself getting into it as much as D and D2.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

i havent played in months, the initial appeal quickly wore off for me.