Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Default Re: Diablo 3

True. But they still deem it theft of their intellectual property if you go buy a physical copy of the game, toss it on a shelf and go download a cracked version. Somehow that's bad. I can't see the logic in it though.

I want to give them my money for the new shiny game... but I will not tolerate being treated this way.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Well if anything you're breaking the TOS and what-not. So even if a law was passed where you could download copies of things that you already owned for your own personal usage, it wouldn't help much.

But yeah, I'm just going to skip it most likely. I don't like rewarding unfounded behavior which does nothing but hurt consumers.

And there's always Torchlight to consider.

And Torchlight 2, which is releasing around the same time, has co-op over internet *and* LAN. Though they've yet to decide how many players will be in each game at most. They're looking at 2-4 it seems like. So, just like Diablo 3, but it's not Diablo 3. Oh, and it's created by some of the same people from the old Diablo teams. They're even having another party develop an MMORPG version, but that's kind of unrelated.

Diablo 3: No offline mode. No Lan. 4 Player Max per game. Real Money Auction House (also an in-game-gold AH too). And of course, no modding single player mode, since it's online only. It's also "expressly" prohibited anyways, found within the TOS. Idk about you guys, but I liked creating silly weapons and armor when I got bored of the game, back in the day.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...y-cash-trades/

= Pass. Blizzard no longer has the gamer at heart, I think.

I used to mod on Diablo II just so I could have matched weapons for my barbarian. Dual 4 or 6 gem swords, filled with yellow, blue and skull. Could wade through mobs, and would go toe to toe with bosses without backing down.

Torchlight looks good. Definitely Torchlight 2 sounds worth looking at.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

I've played Torchlight. Again, the dungeon crawler is not my type of game. I get bored too easily. But I liked Torchlight enough, until I got bored of it and never finished.

Also, violating TOS has been dismissed in court before. They say once someone buys something it's theirs to do with what they please. The best the company can do is not offer support when people violate TOS, or ban them from servers, or not honor a warranty perhaps, although I think that got tossed out on an Apple lawsuit against someone with a jailbroken iphone wanting a replacement when something broke. Apple still had to replace it.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I committed to World of Warcraft for 12 months so I got Diablo 3 as part of that deal. Played the beta and consistanly go back to Diablo and Diablo 2 all the time. I'll be playing a lot. I just don't know how I am going to play everything between my 360, WoW and D3. I usually play WoW while working so thats not a big deal though.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

i got the annual pass with wow for the free d3. I intended to play online anyways so the drm does not bother me.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farlo View Post
    i got the annual pass with wow for the free d3. I intended to play online anyways so the drm does not bother me.
    Ditto. I'm not one for to many computer games solo. Xbox I'll play the single player through then never play that part again.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Custom Title Honors

yeah, i do like playing games solo.

i got the game last night and i am sorely disappointed. The whole thing with having to be online to play the single player is just moronic considering i just paid 70$ for the game and cant even play it because the servers are either full or down.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Blizzard should be absolutely embarrassed that they let this huge server fiasco happen, if they even care anymore. It's what you would expect from some start-up game company. And there's really no actual reason why it happened. There just isn't one. It's mind boggling how it could have.

I still can't figure out why they want the single player mode to be online only... it just makes zero sense. And all of this could have been avoided too if it were otherwise.

I hate what the gaming industry is becoming.