View Poll Results: Which mouse should I buy?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logitech G9x

3 25.00%
  • Corsair M60

3 25.00%
  • Thermaltake Element

1 8.33%
  • Other (discuss in thread)

5 41.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new mouse

Default Re: Looking for a new mouse

I watched the Amazon video review for the RAT mouse. That's my new favorite mouse, I'm pretty sure. The customization options are just awesome. It looks well built too.

The RAT 3 is an automatic pass, but the RAT 5 looks like a good contender here. You might want to check it out, SXR. It's only $60, which is in your price range. It's actually lower than your price range, based on what you originally listed from Newegg.

The RAT 7 is slightly better all around and has full customization options. It's a pretty powerful mouse. It's $80, which is only $10 more than the Corsair that you listed on Newegg. Not a bad deal at all with everything considered. Personally, if my budget was $70, I would definitely spend the extra $10 for this mouse. What you get for that $10 extra bucks is well worth it.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Looking good....Amazon has the R.A.T. 5 for $59.98 and the 7 for $79.64, both with free shipping. My wife's got some Amazon gift codes she said I can use so that'll help too. They've also got the M60 for $52.26. I like the fact that the M60 is USB 3.0 (not that it probably matters much with a mouse lol). Some reviews I've seen on the R.A.T. series aren't too favorable - a lot of people think it looks cooler than it actually is. I wish there was somewhere you could "test drive" mice and keyboards before you bought them. I need to start that kind of store!! lol

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

ordered the M60. with my wife's amazon gift codes I paid $2.26 shipped for it

shame I'm going on vaca from this Sat till next Sun though...won't get to use it till I get back lol

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    ordered the M60. with my wife's amazon gift codes I paid $2.26 shipped for it

shame I'm going on vaca from this Sat till next Sun though...won't get to use it till I get back lol
    That's... an awesome deal. :o

yea she was part of this fitness website survey group. she's get amazon gift codes every time she did a survey. shame the stopped it a few months back. she bought me a $250 electric razor for Christmas for like $10 . She had some leftover and said she wouldn't use them so I could

Gigabyte GM8000-X Ghost "Xtreme" Gaming Mouse.

My review, in a nutshell:
    - unbeaten specs - 6000dpi, 12000fps, 30G, 150inch/sec, USB2 1KHz polling (actual, not fake/marketing)
    - excellent software with settings and macros and profiles and cool-looking bling
    - onboard flash stores settings - on any computer, with or without running the software
    - it's black and kinda futuristicky and has lotsa cool multicolor-LEDs, adjustable weights, etc
    - surprisingly solid and sturdy, could probably use to smash and hammer things
    - fits my "palmgrip" preference nicely, but perhaps a little bit overlarge
    - 60 bucks, cheap, and of course laser and gliding like every premium gaming mouse
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Quote Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
    Gigabyte GM8000-X Ghost "Xtreme" Gaming Mouse.

My review, in a nutshell:
    - unbeaten specs - 6000dpi, 12000fps, 30G, 150inch/sec, USB2 1KHz polling (actual, not fake/marketing)
    - excellent software with settings and macros and profiles and cool-looking bling
    - onboard flash stores settings - on any computer, with or without running the software
    - it's black and kinda futuristicky and has lotsa cool multicolor-LEDs, adjustable weights, etc
    - surprisingly solid and sturdy, could probably use to smash and hammer things
    - fits my "palmgrip" preference nicely, but perhaps a little bit overlarge
    - 60 bucks, cheap, and of course laser and gliding like every premium gaming mouse
    Unbeaten?

http://www.amazon.com/Cyborg-R-A-T-7...7874099&sr=8-1

Aw, I have been shamed. The RAT7 and RAT9 do have better top-end specs, overall. Yeah, if you want the best you'll buy a RAT.

I do still like my Ghost, and it compares quite favourably against the RATs at half the price. Too bad these mice are all so damned good, it'll be years before it breaks or fails so I have a reason to buy a new and better one. Unless something bad happens while hacking and modding ...
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.

Quote Originally Posted by Technochicken View Post
    Only complaint is that it doesn't have a tilt wheel, but you can just Shift-scroll to side scroll.
    Click/hold the mouse wheel and scroll in any direction you wish. Epic.

I have a RAT 7 and my only complaint is the cord. I'm pretty sure I NEED the RAT 9 now.
    How is the battery life in the RAT 9 though? I had a Logitech M505 that went nearly a year of everyday use without replacing the non-rechargeable batteries that came with it. It wasn't a gaming mouse, but it set the bar (and thus my expectations) high in the energy efficiency department. I can't stand having to stop what I'm doing to swap out rechargeables.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.