View Poll Results: Which mouse should I buy?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Logitech G9x

3 25.00%
  • Corsair M60

3 25.00%
  • Thermaltake Element

1 8.33%
  • Other (discuss in thread)

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new mouse

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Looking for a new mouse

Any recommendations? I'm currently using an MS Wireless Laser 6000 and I LOVE it, but the ruber scroll wheel is literally falling apart every time I use it. It's far out of warranty as well.

I'm looking for something tailored towards FPS gaming, with adjustable DPI buttons. Can be wired or wireless. don't care if it's got adjustable weights or not. I've got fairly large hands so I need something comfortable ()like my MS mouse currently is).

Here's what I'm looking at so far:

Corsair M60
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826816006

Logitech G9x
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104261

Thermaltake Element
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826254012

I'm leaning towards the G9x, simply because of it's ratings and sale price. Thoughts?

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for a new mouse

I've had the Microsoft Sidewinder for several years now. Never had any issues gaming or anything for that matter.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-HKA-...359455&sr=1-10

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus Technochicken's Avatar

I have the RAT 5, which I really like, although I don't have much else to compare it to.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cyborg-R-A-T-G.../dp/B003DKJ44C

Only complaint is that it doesn't have a tilt wheel, but you can just Shift-scroll to side scroll.

The two unarguably best mice currently available is either the G90X or the Razer Deathadder. The next best would be the G5 or the MX518, though now a bit dated. But all four of those mice are the most popular amongst professional gamers and in eSports tournaments alike.

If you're looking for a sure thing, choose one of those.

My personal favorites are; Razer Orochi, Logitech G700, Corsair Vengeance M60.

Beware that the Vengeance software is currently still in Beta, last I checked anyways. It's kind of so-so at the moment. But otherwise a nice mouse with some interesting features, such as that sniper button. I'm not really sure what to think of it, but it's an interesting concept at least.

Edit: The Vengeance is $53 on Amazon right now, by the way.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Yea my MS Laser 6000 has a button which I program to be a speed adjust only in BF3, Photoshop and SketchUp. All other times it's a zoom button. The sniper button is a must as I use it frequently. I was reading some of the reviews on both the M60 and the G9x, and both seem to be rather small and can be uncomfortable for larger hands. The software for the M60 seems to have been solved mostly with its latest update (reading the timestamps on the reviews anyways). The G9x seems to have a lot of 1 egg reviews with regards to quality as well, mainly the cord breaking and the grippyness coming off. I'm kinda leaning towards the M60 ATM, I'll do some more research before I buy though.

:edit:

That MS Sidewinder looks like a worthy competitor as well. It'd be nice ot get my hands on one before buying though, like a test drive lol
    Last edited by SXRguyinMA; 05-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.

I have the Alienware version of the g9/g9x, the tactx. Picked it up on sale for like $20. I really like the mouse, but it is much smaller than my g5, and wouldn't be very comfortable for large hands unless you are used to claw grip.

Logitech G700 here. Mostly use it for CAD work. I have long fingers, and love the grip. Only gripe is very poor battery life with the default Eneloop AA 1900mAh battery. Lasts about a day and a half for me regardless of settings. Included cord turns it into a corded mouse while it charges, and you can always swap out the battery.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Concerning the G700 and it's admittedly very poor battery life; It's due to the mouse having very little power-saving features to ensure gaming experience is on par with corded mice.

Plus, it only has one battery. Two would have added too much weight apparently, though I personally like heavier mice.

It's too bad they didn't include the -option- for a second battery. It would be akin to a mouse weight, except it's a battery. Double the benefit! In fact... that would be a cool idea... They should start doing that.

Anyways, that's the gist of it concerning the poor battery life. It's a true wireless gaming mouse.

I have and use a G9 most of the time. The other mouse I would be interested in is the Cyborg Rat5.

I've got a DeathAdder and absolutely love it. Admittedly I don't game much but the quality is very impressive. It's over 4 years old and the only issue I've had was needing to open it up to clean the scroll wheel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field