Thread: Water cooled Armor A30

Fresh Paint

Default Water cooled Armor A30

Hi everyone this is my first PC build. I have a strong background in custom fab work on show winning cars and bikes. So you know when I started a pc build I would have to pull out all the stops. And to tell you the truth I don't know if it will work or not and any advise will help out.
    So this is what I'm planing for the build-
    case: Thermaltake Armor A30
    Mobo: Asus maximus V Gene
    CPU: i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
    HDDS:OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (OS Drive)
    OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Games/Others)
    RAM:G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
    VGA: 2x in Xfire ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
    Drives: ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS

Not sure on the psu and will post the case mods also

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Water cooled Armor A30

Thermaltake Armor A30 case mods will include-
    removing 3.5 hdd tray (I will be using 2.5 ssd)
    swapping the stock fans for red led fans
    swapping power LED for red LED and orange LED for the HDD activity LED
    The front Fan is 92mm not the 90mm like thermaltake says
    I will be placing a 92mm Black Ice GTX Xtreme M92 Radiator with push/pull fans
    Phobya Acrylic Single 5.25" Bay Reservoir w/ Level Indicator
    EK Supreme LTX CPU Liquid Cooling Block
    Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ Speed Control

Hey welcome to TBCS!
    Three days and no responses probably means you have to jazz up your posts. We need eye candy of some sort or descriptions of some of the most radical things we've ever experienced. Or just sprinkle your descriptions with sexual innuendos and do a backflip. The internet is full of people with 2 second attention spans. Some people see walls of text and move on without even reading.

Have any questions? There are talented experts crawling all over this place that can't wait to make suggestions in exchange for the previously mentioned eye candy. Good luck!
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

I actually put off testing the A30 for a day because when I'd removed it from the box I was genuinely somewhat mystified by how it was supposed to come apart and back together. A Corsair case this is not, Thermaltake's A30 design is able to fit a decent amount of capacity and cooling into relatively svelte dimensions but somewhere along the line usability took a major backseat.
    Read the TOS for rules concerning links in signatures...