Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

  1. #1
    Water Cooled pcclan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton,Ab
    Posts
    640

    Default ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

    As of today they are rolling out ipv6.

    http://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...?u=555806&bg=1



  2. #2
    Undead Pirate d_stilgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,987

    Default Re: ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

    Maybe this is why my internet was freaking out last night.

  3. #3
    Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,862

    Default Re: ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

    probably unrelated but maybe why 192.168.0.1 doesn't get into my modem anymore? doesn't work at home or at work.... could just be a Verizon DSL thing too though.... hmmm...

  4. #4
    I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    probably unrelated but maybe why 192.168.0.1 doesn't get into my modem anymore? doesn't work at home or at work.... could just be a Verizon DSL thing too though.... hmmm...
    Automatic firmware update may have changed the gateway address. If you're able to get online just check what the default gateway is in Windows and enter that address. Unless Verizon decided to lock customer access to the modem. Then that could do it too.

    "Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

  5. #5
    Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,522

    Default Re: ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

    Open a command prompt, run an IPCONFIG, look for the gateway.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

    DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

  6. #6
    Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    5,862

    Default Re: ipv6 launching 6/6/2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    Automatic firmware update may have changed the gateway address. If you're able to get online just check what the default gateway is in Windows and enter that address. Unless Verizon decided to lock customer access to the modem. Then that could do it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    Open a command prompt, run an IPCONFIG, look for the gateway.
    it's now 192.168.1.1 WHY VERIZON??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •