Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good News

Default Good News

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share some news with you all. I found out I'm going to be a dad. We don't know the gender yet (a couple of weeks before that), but the due date is Nov 19th. My wife's birthday is the 2nd, and mine's the 11th. This makes Nov baby #13 for my family lol. Since we don't know the gender yet, I've taken to referring to the baby as Peanut. And it's pretty obvious the nickname has stuck, my grandmother and pretty much everyone else does the same now.

We're moving on the 16th of June out of our studio apartment and into a place with walls, I'll have some pics and more updates later. With all of the excitement I'm selling off parts from the computer project that never got off the ground, you can see what I've got left at the link below. I'm a bit nervous about being a dad, but at this point I think pride and excitement are winning out. And more than a little sympathy for my diminutive wife. (Pic for reference).

I come from a large family of very big people, I'm the runt and I was 10 1/4 lbs when I was born. My grandfather was 6'8" 420 lbs when he died to give you an idea. My wife on the other hand is the tall one in her family at 4'10".

So, wish me luck.

My parts thread
    Vertigo's Dizzy Deals
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Good News

wish you luck? it sounds like we need to wish her luck. since you've planted your giant troll seed in her, lol.

but seriously, congratulations! good luck to both of you.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

We need to get together for a TBCS celebration.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Sweet! Congrats man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Nice! Congrats!

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Seems to be baby time for the TBCS boys - this makes 3 or 4 on the way at the moment heh - congrats !!

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

^heaheaheah
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by slaveofconvention View Post
    Seems to be baby time for the TBCS boys - this makes 3 or 4 on the way at the moment heh - congrats !!
    There's probably a good reason for that, people that are pregnant now conceived during the winter months. No school, it's cold outside...
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Statistically yeah, that'd make sense - not personally though - my wife and I have been trying for the last 2 years - actually it was about the least active we'd been, the month we did concieve which has led to some interesting conversations with the medical staff.

Doc "You're xx weeks pregnant"
    Us "Actually, (we are xx+9 days) weeks - close but yeah, a little further than you said"
    Doc "No, you're xx weeks pregnant - we know what we're talking about"
    Us "You want the exact date, time, location etc of conception????"

Which is probably partially why our baby is on the large end of the "normal" scale because the date they won't accept is 9 days out so the baby is 9 days older than they are so adamant about

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Wouldn't that put it on the small side? If it's an extra nine days older than the docs are saying and it's a certain size that they say correlates to nine days later, then it would be small for being so old.

But that would also make sense why they are saying it's a bit big, but I'm not totally sure who is saying it's big and who isn't.