Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: d_stilgar's HTPC (title anyone?)

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: d_stilgar's HTPC (title anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    The issue with family sharing in steam is that it's fine as long as I'm not playing any of my games. But as soon as I want to play anything with my account, even a free to play game, then the other person gets kicked out of whatever they are playing, even when it's a different game.

It's irritating when I have 300+ games in my library and I want to play Borderlands 2 that I can't play any of the other 299 games in another room on another computer, and I don't think family sharing is going to solve the problem, at least not yet.

I'm not sold on the streaming yet either, but we'll see. It might solve some issues, especially if I never plan on gaming in two rooms at once (so no friends over for lan parties), and will make a HTPC setup much cheaper as a 2nd device. In any case it will be free, so that's awesome.

The switch idea for the USB sounds like a good idea. It really is a dumb thing to have to work around.

Even though the machine is looking pretty bad right now, I'll move some more files over, set up Dolphin Emulator, get one game in the XBMC library, and make a little video in the next week. I think it's time to show off how awesome this setup really is.

I hear Adalight is best for animated movies. Because of the way cameras work, it always looks more extreme in videos, and the software can be configured so that it's much more subtle. In any case I think it's that extra feature not seen very often, so I like it. It's also been on my to-do list for a few years, but I never have the money. I have some now, so it would be fun . . . if I can find the time to get it put together.
    Ahh. I definitely read the wrong article. I read it as you just couldn't play the same game.. That sucks though.

Emulating with legacy games. If that is the only thing to work around, I don't think that's too bad, considering you are wanting to use the original controllers.

I agree on the Adalight. It's definitely not seen often/ever and would be a good conversation piece.

Good luck and can't wait to see more pics of it near/completed.

Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: d_stilgar's HTPC (title anyone?)

sign one computer in on offline mode =)