Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cosmos Cruizer

Modding the World, One Case at a Time Boddaker's Avatar

Default Re: Cosmos Cruizer

More odds and ends accomplished over the weekend. Some progress on the wiring, getting the spark plug wire look for the 24pin ATX and the PCI-e cables...

I threaded six wires through each 10mm UV orange hose and added spark plug boots to the ends. Straight boots for the PSU end...

...and angle boots for the other end.

Here's a shot of the wires pulled through the panel. Connectors will be added during final assembly. And I'll have some chrome eyelets installed to finish off the holes.

Will add the other four spark plug wires tonight.
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

Got all eight done...

I originally had the PCIe bank routed in front of the res, but I didn't like it, so I'm toying with going in behind it. I think it looks more tidy, and it helps to hold them in place. But now they are a little too long, so I'll have to shorten them.
    Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients: Salt; Artificial honey roasting agents; Pressed peanut sweepings.

That is simply an AWESOME idea!! Goes with the theme perfectly as well as cleaning up the wires.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Really wish I could fast forward time haha

Thanks guys.

Another clean-up item checked off my list: Boxing in the top and front side bezels to hide all the ugly webbing and fiberglass remnants.

I got a sheet of 1/16" ABS and cut out the main pieces after making rough templates.

Then I cut a bunch of pieces for ribbing and support.

After fitting a base piece, I started gluing in the ribs and support pieces with ABS cement.

Now the main piece has something to glue to.

A shot of the left side bezel front. You can see why it has to be covered!

With the front cover in place. The first of many test fits.

Mating the front piece with the top piece.

The right side bezel is in much better shape than the other one, but still needs to be boxed.

I simply mirrored the original pieces to make these.

After many refits, especially on the front due to the proximity of the front grill and faceplate, I finally got everything glued up. Here's the whole top with both side panels on the case. I scuffed the boxed pieces up in preparation for paint.

My OCD is thanking me!

Well, I spent the weekend cleaning up panels and doing last minute details so I can send everything out for paint. I'm finding it difficult to stop messing with things and just call it good lol. I could easily spend another month just doing trivial things, so I have to force myself to stop and just put the panel in the box, and let BS Mods do their magic. Looking forward to getting some color on it!

Meanwhile you can move on to other cool parts. Can't wait to see more.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Been finishing up a lot of minor details over the last couple weeks, trying to get all the panels' imperfections filled and smooth. Also had to make final adjustments to other parts that I wouldn't be able to do without the panels. Finally got everything boxed up and shipped to BSMODS for paint yesterday.
    I hope it survives the trip, it's not like Bob and Rod don't have enough work to do already without having to perform reconstructive surgery as well.

So with all the panels out for paint, I must now concentrate on getting all the metal pieces ready to be sent out to the platers. Here are all the parts to be chromed..

All of your photos have disappeared.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    All of your photos have disappeared.
    Yeah, my site went down last week. I should have it restored, temporarily at least, today or tomorrow.