Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Pisses Me Off

Default Re: Apple Pisses Me Off

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    i started out as a PC user trust me i know what im saying.... u will never buy a PC as high quality as a mac... CNC unibody? find me a windows laptop with CNC unibody... backlit keyboard.... superHD and multi touch? go on try..
    u ever closed the lid on a mbp? its like closing the door on a jaguar compared to a honda civic....

(the only laptop i can see that can compete is the asus UX31) so far
    Vizio is making some Aluminum unibody all-in-one PCs, laptops and ultrabooks. The industrial design is very very good and certainly on par with Apple stuff. They are also trying to do this at a much more affordable price than Apple.

I'll admit that Apple makes very well designed products. It's part of why they are successful. They make products people want and will pay a premium for over the standard stuff we see in the market. However, if Vizio provides an equally good product, then really the only difference is the OS, and there's nothing stopping you from putting OSX on a PC.

However, the newest macbook pro can't be upgraded at all, which totally sucks. You can't even change the battery yourself. Apple designs obsolescence into their products from the start, which makes them less desirable in many ways.

In a response to TGS's original post, you really should just tell the person, "Oh. It seems you purchased an Apple product. To upgrade, you should go buy the next one." It's not that upgrading ram or anything on a Mac is that difficult (until the macbook pro), it's just that Apple is more about the "experience" instead of specs, so they don't make it easy to know what your specs are.

But really, there are other products with equally good industrial design. People just judge these with their Apple-centric bias. They think the design is crap because there isn't an apple logo on the back of the device.

I had a 20Gb ipod in 2005, and I loved it. I didn't need to carry my CDs with me anymore. Two years later I got a Zune80 on release date and fell in love. The Zune software was so much better than iTunes and handled files better. About a year and a half ago the Zune80 finally died and I reluctantly sold it on eBay, but only after getting a ZuneHD64.

I also have an iPhone 4S. It's the first smartphone I've ever had and it's very nice for the things it allows me to do that I wasn't able to do with my other smartphones. However, I don't think it's the best phone out there or the best phone OS. Sure, in 2007 iPhone was the only smartphone worth having, but I think Apple has really fallen behind. I think that sales are going to drop in the next few years. People will say it's because Steve Jobs died, but really it will be because the rest of the market caught up and passed Apple in terms of design and performance.

Right now I wish I had a Lumia 920. The iPhone wasn't enough to win me over long term. Still, if I were buying a tablet today, I would probably go with the iPad. I like to think that I'm not a fanboy of any of these products, companies, ecosystems, or operating systems.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    ...and there's nothing stopping you from putting OSX on a PC.
    Except for that whole pesky being illegal thing.

Custom Title Honors

is it truly "illegal" or does it just violate apple's eula?

Well you don't pay for the OS because they don't sell it.

Back to apple design the inability to tinker mod and upgrade would have me breaking their products out of frustration. Also if we look over the last few years of Mac design you'll notice there hàs been an abundance of hairline cracks in unibody shells, there was a rubber base at one point that always peeled and looked sh¡t, designs closed up couldn't do things like ram or ssd upgrades yourself instead had to pay 200% markups and do it while configuring a Mac, the keyboards have never felt fantastic to me and while the touchpad is responsive it is crippled from stock. It only really becomes useable after editing its settings. Wow retina display give me pixels I can't see and a gpu that can barely handle them and as always have pretty poor cooling design so that the unibody case isn't marred by the practical.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

i started out as a PC user trust me i know what im saying.... u will never buy a PC as high quality as a mac... CNC unibody? find me a windows laptop with CNC unibody... backlit keyboard.... superHD and multi touch? go on try..
    u ever closed the lid on a mbp? its like closing the door on a jaguar compared to a honda civic....

(the only laptop i can see that can compete is the asus UX31) so far
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAH you're kidding right? Buying anything Mac is like putting a Civic engine into a Jaguar Body. Mac's do have nice looks and feel but that's it. I'd rather spend 1/4 the cash and get a laptop that's WAY more powerful even if it means ditching the aluminum body. If CrApple spent more on hardware and less on shiny things to daze their iCult (of which I see you are a proud member) they'd stand up. But in the meantime they're stupid. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAH you're kidding right? Buying anything Mac is like putting a Civic engine into a Jaguar Body. Mac's do have nice looks and feel but that's it. I'd rather spend 1/4 the cash and get a laptop that's WAY more powerful even if it means ditching the aluminum body. If CrApple spent more on hardware and less on shiny things to daze their iCult (of which I see you are a proud member) they'd stand up. But in the meantime they're stupid. Period.
    lolz not even remotely a cult member... i swear by iphones... but game on my android.... i run a hackintosh acer netbook.... i work on my customers macs... and i will 100 percent say i prefer a quality system... u would be surprised they r still quite powerful.... i would like to say now that the only people who should rly say either/or should be people who use both of the hardware very often...

do u own a mac? if so is it a crappy g4?

ive had too many laptop that feel like flimsy crap and that crack scuff and break too easily... if i could afford it right now i would absolutely have a mac... and i would run windows on it for compatibility....

honestly use a mac for a month...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

I have used a modern (and older) Mac; my old shop teacher swore by them. I just don't like the interface. Simple as that. I wanted to like it, but it never "clicked".
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

lolz not even remotely a cult member... i swear by iphones... but game on my android.... i run a hackintosh acer netbook.... i work on my customers macs... and i will 100 percent say i prefer a quality system... u would be surprised they r still quite powerful.... i would like to say now that the only people who should rly say either/or should be people who use both of the hardware very often...

do u own a mac? if so is it a crappy g4?

ive had too many laptop that feel like flimsy crap and that crack scuff and break too easily... if i could afford it right now i would absolutely have a mac... and i would run windows on it for compatibility....

honestly use a mac for a month...
    I don't own any because I prefer to spend my money on useful things, but my father in law has a newer imac and also a macbook pro and I can't stand either of them. His ~$4k imac can't even hold a candle to the power of my i7.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

I don't know about Macs, I have to use one to set up the art on the PDF's at work to send over to our over sized printers but it seems slow and clunky to me compared to the generic workstation PC we use for every thing else. I understand that its pretty and while I will agree there are limitations cause I only use it at work and don't really get to fully understand it I am having troubles with another apple product.

My roommate uses an Macbook for her laptop and has an AirPort Express as her router, any ways heres the main problem. I just got a nice new phone (GalaxyS3) and want to use the AllShare feature on all my devices, so my Computer, the Samsung Receiver thats hooked up to the 50" Tv in the living room, and of course my phone, so I go to see if I can see the receiver that has wireless in my network and its not there. It still streams netflix and pandora but I can't seem to figure out how to network it with every thing else. I can't even figure out how to get into the router to look at the settings...grr need to step away from it for a while.
    Why do they create a product that is so hard to work with on other systems!?
    *End Rant*
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.