Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

  1. #1
    I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton AB
    Posts
    960

    Default Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/10/3...ode-7-in-2015/

    The series is done why are they trying to make more!
    Will

  2. #2
    Moderator TLHarrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    I would love to see some more storylines in the Star Wars universe brought to the big screen. As far as Episode 1-6 goes... yeah. Done. Leave it.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

  3. #3
    Undead Pirate d_stilgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,987

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    Maybe we'll get a theatrical version released, or some better releases of the original trilogy without all the crappy changes. Also, maybe some of the old LucasArts adventure games will get re-released now. That would be awesome.

  4. #4
    rawrnomnom diluzio91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    I wouldn't mind some of the stories with the skywalker and solo children... that would be kind of neat.
    Not dead yet

  5. #5
    Administrator OvRiDe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    4,584

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    When I first heard this afternoon, my first reaction was .. Oh CRAP!!! But after a few moments once it sunk in, I realized this probably isn't as bad as alot of people are making it out to be. Disney bought Marvel in 2009 and they haven't really negatively impacted the movies they have put out in the last 3 years. Most of them have been huge releases. They have brought in good directors, actors, etc etc. It also seems they haven't really messed with the Marvel culture either. Also, even though I don't watch it, I have heard the Clone Wars series has been doing pretty well, and seems to have a pretty good following. So maybe this isn't too bad of a move. This will also give them the Indiana Jones franchise as well, and they can't mess it up any worse then the last movie did. Who knows maybe they can resurrect something with it, or at least expand on something with in it. "The adventures of Short Round!!!" LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    I would love to see some more storylines in the Star Wars universe brought to the big screen. As far as Episode 1-6 goes... yeah. Done. Leave it.
    I agree with this! I would love to see something ventured in the Star Wars universe on the big screen, but I don't think it should be Episode VII. It should be another story line. As much as people don't care for the Episode I, II and III, I thought there was something quite interesting about what it did to the Star Wars story line. If you take the first set of movies (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi) and ask someone.. "Who was the main character of those movies or the Star Wars trilogy?" The answer would be Luke Skywalker. Now introduce The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith to the story line and it totally transforms the series to actually be about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. I think from that stand point its quite brilliant. I don't necessarily agree with all the choices that went into taking us there, but then again they didn't ask me. I still enjoyed them none the less.

    The big problem I am wondering about is when it comes to places like theforce.net and the fan film and replica prop communities. I know Disney can be absolutely vicious when it comes to their IP. Companies/Individuals that are making things like replica light sabres and Stormtrooper armor could be devastated if Disney decides to go control freak on them. I guess that is one of my biggest concerns over the whole thing.

  6. #6
    Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kinshasa, DRC
    Posts
    2,843

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    Talking about another 3 Star Wars movies is old news.

    Did any of you read the "Young Jedi Knights" series of books? Those would be awesome movies.

  7. #7
    Water Cooled Stonerboy779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    Whoot for a new Disney Princess haha

  8. #8
    Custom Title Honors
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post

    I agree with this! I would love to see something ventured in the Star Wars universe on the big screen, but I don't think it should be Episode VII. It should be another story line. As much as people don't care for the Episode I, II and III, I thought there was something quite interesting about what it did to the Star Wars story line. If you take the first set of movies (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi) and ask someone.. "Who was the main character of those movies or the Star Wars trilogy?" The answer would be Luke Skywalker. Now introduce The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith to the story line and it totally transforms the series to actually be about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. I think from that stand point its quite brilliant. I don't necessarily agree with all the choices that went into taking us there, but then again they didn't ask me. I still enjoyed them none the less.

    finally, someone else that has looked past jar jar binks and sees some of the deeper story taking place in the prequels and how it totally changes your view of vader.

  9. #9
    Overclocked Beta-brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    218

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    Maybe we'll get a theatrical version released, or some better releases of the original trilogy without all the crappy changes. Also, maybe some of the old LucasArts adventure games will get re-released now. That would be awesome.
    I would love to see a new version or sequel to the excellent 1998 game "Grim Fandango", "The Department of Death" has more work to do

  10. #10
    ATX Mental Case CrazyTeaPot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    188

    Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

    Personally, I love Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. So with that in mind, I guess I wouldn't mind another piece to the story so long as it's done right. A better idea would be to have other movies based in the same universe, just like the books, with the same production value as the original movies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •