Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

Default Re: Disney aquires Lucasarts for $4.05 Billion...It gets worse

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTeaPot View Post
    Personally, I love Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. So with that in mind, I guess I wouldn't mind another piece to the story so long as it's done right. A better idea would be to have other movies based in the same universe, just like the books, with the same production value as the original movies.
    Yes! This!
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTeaPot View Post
    Personally, I love Star Wars The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network. So with that in mind, I guess I wouldn't mind another piece to the story so long as it's done right. A better idea would be to have other movies based in the same universe, just like the books, with the same production value as the original movies.
    Are you talking about the 3D animation clone wars that has been ongoing in recent years or the animated clone wars in the style of Samurai Jack that was on Cartoon Network a few years before that?

"At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

All I can say is first I was like:

Then:

:'(

Then:

Why? I think it could be interesting, and the mashups people have been photoshopping/writing about are amusing to say the least.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

I think I felt teh same way at first as everybody else. I was afraid of what would be done then I also have to agree with OvRiDe in that they have Marvel now and those movies have been nothing but amazing. I would really like to see the original 3 movies without changes on the big screen.
    I also have to side with whoever wanted something that followed the Solo kids and Skywalkers son. Those books were excellent. What I would really like to see is the New Jedi Order books with the Yuuzhan Vong. Those book were excellent. It's a series I own and go back and read quite a bit.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    I think I felt teh same way at first as everybody else. I was afraid of what would be done then I also have to agree with OvRiDe in that they have Marvel now and those movies have been nothing but amazing. I would really like to see the original 3 movies without changes on the big screen.
    I also have to side with whoever wanted something that followed the Solo kids and Skywalkers son. Those books were excellent. What I would really like to see is the New Jedi Order books with the Yuuzhan Vong. Those book were excellent. It's a series I own and go back and read quite a bit.
    problem is, josh wheeden who is directing the super hero films is too busy for the production of both that and star wars. i would love to see josh do it, if any...
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

From what interviews I've seen and what I've read, this is the best thing to happen to Star Wars in many years! Soon, there will be Star Wars rides and characters at Disney World/Land
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Ok you guys have in fact changed my mind about this being too bad of of a thing, I am still nervous of how it'll turn out but show some optimism. I guess I just needed a chance to sit back and think on it. Although on the other hand I just read this and it didnt help XD http://blastr.com/2012/11/disney-planning-2-or-3-st.php
    Will

Custom Title Honors

you know, after reading that article, i am a bit more excited. i like the idea of doing movies about individual story lines to fill in the gaps. sort of like what was han talking about when he was packing up to leave hoth and mentioned running into some bounty hunter.

or hell, let's see some good bounty hunter back stories. maybe a good film nior involving the hutts. or some serious "fast and furious" style illegal pod racing action, lol!